#121 greenymk7

greenymk7

Area Rep: Midlands (Detailing Guru)

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec-S TDCI

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

got my tin of Finish Kare 1000P this morning and its huuuuuuge :lol: and for 14 baaaaaaargain

weather is looking abit ribbish this morning so i mite not be able to use it but il give it a go. Will be using it on my dads and my grandads car as mine has already had lots of wax on so would take some time to get it all off again.

il give you the results asap

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#122 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

I have used Zero cleaning products on my alloys although i have 4 coats of poorboys on each. I usally tend to just use hot water with meguiars next Generation shampoo to wash them. Does anyone have any goog alloy cleaner they use?, any shampoo that is better than megs?
Thanks

#123 greenymk7

greenymk7

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

bilberry wheel cleaner is most detailers preference.

buy it and dilute it down so it last a long time aswell. you will need a chemical resistent sprayer for it also

#124 Gazjs

Gazjs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

i currently use megs step 2 polish, this is a great product, but i feel its time for change. Will auto glymm super resien be suitable for under my dodo juice?

#125 greenymk7

greenymk7

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

It will be but unless u want to take out very minor swirl marks then id go with some lime prime lite. With it being a paint cleanse it leaves a great base for wax or sealent

#126 Gazjs

Gazjs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

Thanks once again greeny

#127 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa
  • Year: 2011

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:25 PM

I come here to ask when i should apply super resin polish, and it gets answered for me! love it :)

#128 tetra

tetra

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 3dr Cedar Green

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

whats this detailing all about then? waxing?

I got dimond brite free. do i still need to 'detail'?

#129 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

whats this detailing all about then? waxing?

I got dimond brite free. do i still need to 'detail'?

Detailing is basically making your car look nice and shiny and protecting it from the elements. Greenymk is the one to go to for oddly obsessive detailing.

Basically, a proper full on detailing involves:

Washing
Drying
Polishing
Applying wax/sealant to bodywork and alloys

Then there's all the stuff to make your wheels and trim look black, and all sorts.

If you've got Diamondbrite then you'll just need to make sure you use the Diamondbrite polishes and stuff to keep the layer protected.

#130 greenymk7

greenymk7

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

detailing is an obsession :lol:

depending on what you want to do either wash your car with only diamondbrite products or it will end up coming off anyway, ooooooor you can take it off and protect your car properly :lol:

theres alot of stuff to get to know but just give this thread a read from the start and ul soon pick up on some tips

#131 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa
  • Year: 2011

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

There isn't alot of diamondbrite love round here!

#132 ChrisZetecS

ChrisZetecS

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

Heres one for the experts..
My car is 10 months old now and just ticked over 18,000 miles :lol: and the seats/carpets etc are looking like they need a good valet. I have acess to a 'vax' and want to know what interior shampoo/products I should get to give my interior a good valet.

#133 Hook

Hook

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec
Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

Picked up my Hot Magenta Zetec yesterday, which dodo juice wax is going to best for it? Any recommendations.

Ta
dan

#134 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

Heres one for the experts..
My car is 10 months old now and just ticked over 18,000 miles :lol: and the seats/carpets etc are looking like they need a good valet. I have acess to a 'vax' and want to know what interior shampoo/products I should get to give my interior a good valet.

I use various products on the inside. One of which is also used on the outside - Megs All Purpose Cleaner. I also use Autoglym leather cleaner and cream and a touch of back to black.

Picked up my Hot Magenta Zetec yesterday, which dodo juice wax is going to best for it? Any recommendations.

Ta
dan

Hard Candy would seem the natural choice for Hot Magenta, but if I were in your position I'd try Blue Velvet (if you can stand to wait the Pro version is about to appear) with Purple Haze Pro over the top.

Alternatively, get a Dodo tester kit and try some different waxes on different panels. Colour charging doesn't prevent you using a wax on a different colour, it just changes the outcome and look. I have plans for a blue velvet/purple haze combo on white paint imminently for example.

#135 FMC

FMC

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 Zetec-S TDCi + Eibachs

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

I have plans for a blue velvet/purple haze combo on white paint imminently for example.

Now THIS i am looking forward to seeing the results of! B) I suggested this to a mate who's got a white car ages ago but he never went for it - now that i have a Frozen White Zetec S on order i'm very curious to learn whether coloured waxes give a sort of iridescence :)

I have a question for all you fellow Fiesta detailers - I have instructed my dealer NOT to valet the car on PDI - I intend to give it a full detail from the word go because i had sever problems with dealer-inflicted swirls when we bought our ST.

Do you think this is a wise move or not? (I have experience in detailing but I am concerned that it may be more trouble in having the car delivered without a PDI valet than not, becasue i will need to sign a disclaimer of some sorts? :unsure: )

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users