Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Edge

SNH

11 hours ago, Hamster said:

Yep, I was going to offer the same service........................

Who do you trust???

H

me obviously. lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iantt said:

me obviously. lol

Well, has it Nav or not?

nope

• Conv Instrmnt Hybrid - With TFT Dsp
  •  With MPH/KMH Speedometer
  •  With Trip Computer
  •  7000 RPM Tachometer
  •  Dual Note Electric Horn - Level 2
  •  With Compass Display
  •  MFD TFT Touch Screen
  •  Less Navigation System
  •  Less Speed Audible Warning 
  •  Sync III

After a weekend away, we have just looked at the paperwork and it says we should have a Sony dab premium audio with navigation system. They did tell us they had put this in by mistake instead of the Ford Dab with navigation system so I think we can argue the point.  300 miles round trip done and the car was amazing, adaptive cruise control is the best extra ever.

Hi, I'm new here and my Titanium Edge hasnt been delivered yet, but my understanding from the brochure and the dealer is that the Ford radio with nav is standard, and the Sony with nav and extra Speakers is the £450 option. So I'm expecting to have sat nav and I wont be happy if its not there.

It is my understanding that the Edge Titanium comes with sat nav as standard, either with the Ford DAB or the upgrade to the Sony system. If you order the lux pack then you have to have the Sony system to operate the climate front seats, therefore, I believe you have a mis-built vehicle and the onus is on the dealer to resolve this. My Titanium has the lux pack with the Sony system and it has sat nav.

• Like 1

The dealer has now said we should have sat Nav and it is a build problem and they are waiting to hear from Ford what they are going to do about it.

10 hours ago, SNH said:

Ian tt is that the spec for the car you have posted?

your car, yes.

16 minutes ago, SNH said:

The dealer has now said we should have sat Nav and it is a build problem and they are waiting to hear from Ford what they are going to do about it.

hand it back. unfortunatly missbuilds can and do happen.

now did the dealer not order the sony dab nav as part of the order proccess( which they are well aware of the need to do so when having lux pack) or was it a ford manufacturing error?

It’s a pity but it does happen. Don’t be fobbed off by the dealer though, offering a free service or other such discount so you keep the car. I get the impression that the Sat Nav was important to you, so insist on a replacement car. It’s not your fault after all. 

If we ever want to sell or trade the car in after a few years I'm sure we would not be able to as easy as if it had a sat nav like every other Edge.

What would happen if we rejected the car as we traded our Kuga in for this one? We would be without a car.

You’ve only had the car a few days, so surely they’ll still have your Kuga to use until they get another car, alternatively they should provide you with another vehicle til they sort out the mess they made. It’s not your fault after all. 

The dealer has now said that they are waiting for a download from Ford so they can download a sat Nav onto our sync 3 so we will get a sat Nav.

• Thanks 1

good luck with that. bet it will wipe the climate seat button off . i assume the sync 3 works the climate seats? 

We will still have the buttons so they should work the seats?

as you can tell , i havent got an edge, how does the climate seats operate, is it touch screen control or display only and buttons elsewhere? 

There are dash buttons for the climate seats as well as the touch screen ones, so all is not lost.

@SNH I suggest you go through your Sync 3 menus just now and see exactly what you have then compare what you have afterwards.  Often downloading things, makes other things play up or disappear as suggested by Ian above.  On a positive note, you MIGHT just get a more up to date system and map, than any other Edge owner !  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edge of Reason said:

climate seats as well as the touch screen ones

You only get the touch screen climate seat controls if you have heated steering wheel option too!

That explains why my hands were Baltic yet my ***** was toastie !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, simonb65 said:

You only get the touch screen climate seat controls if you have heated steering wheel option too!

I have an Edge with Sync 2 and heated steering wheel and I have buttons as well as touch screen to control the climate seats, the heated steering wheel is controlled by touch screen controls only.

33 minutes ago, Mazzie said:

I have an Edge with Sync 2 and heated steering wheel and I have buttons as well as touch screen to control the climate seats, the heated steering wheel is controlled by touch screen controls only.

I think you have just confirmed what Simon said.

14 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Hi All

I have the climate seats, controlled by both touch screen and buttons. I DO not have a heated steering wheel. (I currently have Sync 2).

Dave

4 hours ago, DavesEdge said:

I have the climate seats, controlled by both touch screen and buttons. I DO not have a heated steering wheel. (I currently have Sync 2).

I've got Sync3 and it is only available with the heated steering wheel option :sad: