Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird Windsceen Washer Problem

JoeyTaffy93

I have a problem with my 2005 Mk2 Focus, when I press the front windscreen washer, the wipers go as normal however the water comes out of the rear jet, when I use the rear it works as it should.

It randomly works on the front washer but 99% of the time it's coming out of the rear, any ideas?

May be a blockage in the pipes making the water feed back through the pump to the rear pipe instead.
Iirc the same pump does front and rear, it's just the pump rotation direction that varies.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Ok, I'll have a go at blowing some air through the pipes, I'm going to drain the bottle and clear the filters too, see if that helps with anything. Thanks.

• Like 1

@TomsFocus recently produced a really good guide on the MK2/2.5 washer bottle system (removing/cleaning etc), there's a filter than over time can get all clogged up and we all know that water takes the path of least resistance.

Tom's screen washer guide

• Like 3

A quick fix to try is empty as much fluid out of the bottle as you can, then fill using hot not boiling water  and run your washers, this often but not always  clears out the sludge in the system, cheap easy and worth a try.

A 50 / 50 mix of distilled white vinegar and water helps to clear any sediment too, especially in hard water areas.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club