Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Titanium X 2018 advice needed!

hellblazer32

Hi everyone,

Picked my car up today, first time buying a new car and boy is she pretty!

I soon realised that I have not got a rear view camera, The website states that the Titanium X has it and when I bought the car it had it on there.

I seen a few people mention the cars model year but I bought brand new and they said it had been built just waiting to be delivered so surely they did not change the Titanium X spec between May/June and July?

Any one got a Titanium X 17/18 plate and could help?

The latest price list/ordering guide I have (May 2018) only shows this as standard on Active X, Vignale and ST3, option on everything else.

You definitely  should  have  the camera. I have a 125 titanium  x delivered  on 29th May and it has the camera.  It  is  specified  on the fiesta web site

The titanium x does not have a reversing camera it's £250 extra.

Just looked and they have 2 pages which shows different things!

I think the 2017 model has the camera but 2018 model hasn't.

Not end of the world but Ford need to sort it out.

I think I found what you mean on the website. The price list/ordering guide and the configurator both clearly show parking sensors @£200 or rear view camera (includes sensors) @£250 as options. The online brochure shows a camera only as a standard item,with sensors shown as an option, which seems nonsense. The online brochure is not up to date anyway, as Active and ST are not included.

There is a similar thing with Speakers which has been discussed on another thread - one source showed six, the other seven. There are actually seven.

The brochure carries the usual disclaimer that specs should be checked with the dealer at time of ordering.

Edit - PS: given that camera + sensors is only £50 more than sensors only, and seems very popular,  it would make sense to drop the sensors only option and reduce the chances of confusion when ordering. Putting the correct details in the various  printed and online literature would help too!😀

I ordered my titanium ( not x) back in July last year. Initially ordered reverse sensors, but for only 50 quid more, it made sense to go for camera and sensors, car arrived in October but did not have sensors, dealer said I could accept the car and they would fit sensors, which they did, he said quite a few cars had come through with orders not right, only thing is it hasn’t got the proximity sensor, ( the little picture of the car ) but not bothered about this, ford refunded my 200 quid and gave me an extra 2 years warranty,

I have read (perhaps on here?) that although to the customer the camera + sensors is just a single option, the salesperson needed to tick TWO separate boxes on their paperwork - one for sensors and one for camera, so possible for them to inadvertently omit one. Have certainly heard of cars turning up minus one item, though usually with sensors but no camera. I don't know if they have altered the system to make it clearer to dealers since launch. Certainly my sales guy was very thorough on this point when I ordered last September and showed me all his paperwork to ensure I was happy that I would get what I wanted. 

Yeah I don't think it is good enough to be honest that they practically hide the latest brochure!

On the X models it is an optional extra. I personally thought is was only Vignale and St that had the "option" as standard.

Our St line X has it but it was a £250 extra cost for sensors and camera.

When ordering we to were taken through he options we had asked for, albeit on a computer screen. The car arrived as it should have with everything we asked for.

@hellblazer32- I guess as you accepted a car already in the system you wouldn't have been taken through the full order process like @Mavroz and myself and don't have any paperwork specifically mentioning the camera?

May be worth having a chat with the dealer, showing them the offending brochure**and emphasise how disappointed you were not to get what you expected and see if they come up with anything by way of a sweetener.

**Edit - PS just checked the printed brochure (dated May 2017) from when I ordered mine and it's the same as the online version.  Page 73 (Option Packs) shows a Rear View Camera as standard on the Titanium X, while sensors are shown as optional at extra cost. 

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

@hellblazer32- I guess as you accepted a car already in the system you wouldn't have been taken through the full order process like @Mavroz and myself and don't have any paperwork specifically mentioning the camera?

May be worth having a chat with the dealer, showing them the offending brochure**and emphasise how disappointed you were not to get what you expected and see if they come up with anything by way of a sweetener.

**Edit - PS just checked the printed brochure (dated May 2017) from when I ordered mine and it's the same as the online version.  Page 73 (Option Packs) shows a Rear View Camera as standard on the Titanium X, while sensors are shown as optional at extra cost. 

The dealership said at the time that there was no camera but I thought it was a mistake on his part(He was new) and the website stated otherwise.

Like I said I have emailed their head office as I don't see how they can show old specs.

When I ordered (mid February) titanium x had camera  as standard and vignale  had both camera and rear sensors as standard.  Therefore park assist  was £100 cheaper on vignale compared to the titanium x

On 7/26/2018 at 5:21 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I have read (perhaps on here?) that although to the customer the camera + sensors is just a single option, the salesperson needed to tick TWO separate boxes on their paperwork - one for sensors and one for camera, so possible for them to inadvertently omit one. Have certainly heard of cars turning up minus one item, though usually with sensors but no camera. I don't know if they have altered the system to make it clearer to dealers since launch. Certainly my sales guy was very thorough on this point when I ordered last September and showed me all his paperwork to ensure I was happy that I would get what I wanted. 

I sell new Fords. Can confirm that it used to be like this but it has now been updated in VISTA so that the Camera option now says "Rear View Camera (Includes Rear Sensors)" and we don't need to add them separately. 

15 hours ago, hellblazer32 said:

The dealership said at the time that there was no camera but I thought it was a mistake on his part(He was new) and the website stated otherwise.

Like I said I have emailed their head office as I don't see how they can show old specs.

If the dealer told you at the time there was no camera then i dont see you having any comeback against them.

They told you the car didn't have one installed and unfortunately you perceived the car did have the camera fitted, doubting the salesman at the dealership.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrGinjaNinja said:

I sell new Fords. Can confirm that it used to be like this but it has now been updated in VISTA so that the Camera option now says "Rear View Camera (Includes Rear Sensors)" and we don't need to add them separately. 

Thanks for that. Referring back to the OP's original question, is it possible that the Titanium X spec was changed at a similar time? As I mentioned, the original sales brochure that I have from when I ordered my car (and is still on the Ford website) clearly shows, in two places,  the Titanium X as having a Rear View camera, but the current Price List/Ordering Guide and the online configurator now both show this as an option. Are you able to clarify from your inside knowledge?

Think I've now found the answer. I discovered I still had an old copy (Nov 2017) of the Price List/Ordering Guide saved on my phone. This shows the Titanium X as having a Rear View Camera as standard "equipment additional to Titanium", with rear sensors being shown as an option. On the later copy I have (May 2018) both are shown as options and the camera has disappeared from the list of "equipment additional to Titanium". So the spec must have changed  sometime between those 2 dates. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club