Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner, New Member

ZStuart

Hello all, First off i want to say that i joined the ZSOC forum looking for help and the usually interaction, and all i can say is, what a bunch of (insert expletive here). all i posted is whats underneath and not 1 reply to say welcome or anything, i've been read this forum for the last couple of days and it seems really friendly and well informed. so let me try again with the post from ZSOC;

Hi, i currently own a Focus ST-3 and believe it or not i'm trading it in for a new silver Mk7 Zetec S 1.6 with street pack and BT/VC/USB. I'd be lying if i said i wasn't totally gutted about this but the missus and i are going for a mortgage in the next couple of months. I gotta say i am feeling a bit down about this but after reading several pages i do feel better see how passionate some people are about the fiesta and hopefully you lot can help me enjoy my fiesta.

I do have some questions that i could not find the answers to and i'm hoping i can find some help.

1. bulbs. i talking sizes and types of side lights, side repeaters, dome lights, interior lights, and if the wiring and sockets are in place for footwell lighting?

2. SUBMARINE LIGHTING. This is standard on the Zetec and was wondering if the wiring is there for the S and just need to buy the interior light unit with submarine lighting built in?

3. MOUNTUNE. Is it worth it?

4. DE-TANGO. A guide on how to remove the amber in the headlights

If any of these questions get answered i will very grateful, i will also be posting some pics when i collect the replacement for my beloved ST :mellow:

Hello and welcome! There is another member who did the same as you (the member is FMC) so it would be worth getting them on board and asking for their opinions. :)

Welcome Stuart!

I also traded dwon from a Focus ST recently, so I know how you feel! There's a few other ST to Fiesta converts here too lol

1. Footwell lighting bulb holders will be in place if you have the EATC option. If not, they won't :( There's a thread on here by "tyrefryer" on changing the whole bulbset for clear bulbs and brighter bulbs.

2. Not 100% sure, but I think you can just buy the different loght unit and plug it in.

3. YES! Can't speak from experience but i've read loads of accounts of Mountune'd ZS owners on this forum and they all say how much of an improvement it is.

4. See reply #1 and/or try the search function - many guides on removing headlights on here.

Enjoy :)

Welcome Stuart!

I also traded dwon from a Focus ST recently, so I know how you feel! There's a few other ST to Fiesta converts here too lol

1. Footwell lighting bulb holders will be in place if you have the EATC option. If not, they won't :( There's a thread on here by "tyrefryer" on changing the whole bulbset for clear bulbs and brighter bulbs.

2. Not 100% sure, but I think you can just buy the different loght unit and plug it in.

3. YES! Can't speak from experience but i've read loads of accounts of Mountune'd ZS owners on this forum and they all say how much of an improvement it is.

4. See reply #1 and/or try the search function - many guides on removing headlights on here.

Enjoy :)

Can't believe it, that was quick, and a great help. i think i stumbled on tyrefryers thread earlier on today and have ordered a load of bulbs, i can't wait. im so gutted about the footwell lighting and the submarine/ambient lighting, i love all that. im really interested in mountune and the missus said once we've been accepted for a mortgage the tune up is a go. when i asked the salesman about mountune when i picked the car up he had no idea it was available for the MK7, and also didn't know the fitted price. :(

thanks to you both

Hiya stuart i have just traded my focus st2 for my fiesta aswell i went for the diesel fiesta zetecs and i'm well pleased with it so far its a great looking little car but a bit sluggish dont think the diesel can be remapped as of yet but the petrol version can be mountuned i was told at dagenham motors they can do this convertion for a grand and they recon the car is as fast as a fiesta st so i'm guessing 150 brake i hope you enjoy the new car and the saving on fuel etc i know that i am all the best :D

Hi Stuart welcome to the club,i have the mountune kit on my car and its great,i had it on the car from new i would recommend it my last car was a fiesta st500 and i enjoy the mk7 more.I see you live in essex so you could go direct to mountune in Hutton and get them to fit it £1325 inc vat and of course it does not effect your warrenty

I also traded down from a Focus ST recently, so I know how you feel! There's a few other ST to Fiesta converts here too lol

That includes me.

Welcome Stuart!

Welcome to the forum Stuart. :) Most people who change from an ST to a mk.7 generally get on ok with it, obviously the performance difference is a bit of a gulf and the size of the car might be a problem, but apart from that. The ZS is better looking and more modern all round, and if you spec it up a bit there won't be much difference in terms of equipment either. I can appreciate that you must be sad to see the ST go though- I've always promised myself that I'll never get a slower car than my previous one, just to avoid this happening!

In regards to how I'm feeling about the car, I'm feeling better about it everyday. I'm loving the iPod and bluetooth intergrations and when you listen to kiss fm and push the text button, it tells you what song is playing! The only thing I really miss isn't actually the power, it's the torque. In the ST no matter what speed or gear your in you can put your foot down and you go somewhere, this doesn't happen in the fiesta, so i just have to learn to keep changing gears again.....until I get mountune.

On another note, I ordered some bulbs from powerbulbs yesterday about 5 O'clock and the arrived today.....fantastic

Hi Stuart welcome to the club,i have the mountune kit on my car and its great,i had it on the car from new i would recommend it my last car was a fiesta st500 and i enjoy the mk7 more.I see you live in essex so you could go direct to mountune in Hutton and get them to fit it £1325 inc vat and of course it does not effect your warrenty

Cool, cheers. I take it that it's cheaper to go directly to mountune rather than fords then.

Cool, cheers. I take it that it's cheaper to go directly to mountune rather than fords then.

AFAIK the Mountune kits are sold through most (all?) Ford dealers, at a "recommended" price set by Mountune. Some dealers will do good deals on Mountune packages (Kernahan's Ford in Witney (Oxfordshire) were at one point the best value for Focus ST Mountune kits and exhausts)

Not sure Mountune offer these upgrades directly, but if they do, i'm sure it's well worth a trip to their premises/workshop to get it done by them directly and to drool over the Ford GT

Send Dave Moore a PM on here "Dave @ Mountune" or contact him via the Mountune website ;)