Do Not Sell My Personal Information

torque value anyone?

adrianjh

Hi all, new here,  07 mondeo mk4 1.8tdci

no pic yet im afraid but i just  replaced  the turbo on the above  (anyone who is doing same is more than welcome for all the info on that)

but along the way I ran into a leak where the pipe from the common rail pump goes into the little connector bolt that goes into the top 

of the injector, I got a bolt and tightened it to what i thought was reasonable but it still dribbles a bit under heavy load +rev. 

If you know the torque setting for  this can you let me know as i dont want to wring the threads in case its some other issue,

many thanks, 

According to Haynes its 25nm  to injectors and to the accumulator rail its 38

Hey thanks but just to clarify, that bolt is threaded both ends -one end forms a union with the pipe that comes from the common rail and the other end threads into the actual body of the injector .

So there will be three values here

1. Where the pipe meets the accumulator rail

2.where the pipe meets the connecting bolt.

3 . Where the bolt enters the injector.

its number 3 situation I'm after, the torque on the little bolt going into the injector as it appears to me that this is where the diesel is coming from .

the part you are refering to is part of the injector assy and therefore no torque setting is shown either in haynes or ford etis. if its leaking from  that union/bolt then  a new injector is required. 

thanks for the input, 

just so we are on the same page , this bolt unscrews from the injector,  would it still be considered part of the injector assembly?

Still could be as you say but I did see one being removed here  www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9rccvuIHGM

@ 11.02 .

Generally high pressure pipes common rail systems and their pipes have a crush sealing mechanism, at least on other vehicles I have worked with. So usually they need to be replaced if they are removed. Not the injector, but the pipe and associated parts. Sometimes its a separate part on the end of the pipe that can be replaced, but often its the actual end of the pipe thats deformed, and then whole pipe is replaced.

Would need clarifying by Ford expert - anyone?

Just to wrap this up , it turns out that these pipe bolts are NOT part of the injector but indeed my problem was actually the little washer inside the injector where the pipe bolt threads into the injector.  I just replaced the washer with a new one and all was fine. I'm guessing it maybe got damaged with all the cranking I had to do to get the car to start or else it's just coincidence. Thanks again to anyone who genuinely tried to help here .  As for the torque , I didn't  think it was  a big issue once I noticed the damaged washer so I just went with a reasonable torque for the size of the bolt in question.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club