Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci ​​​​​​​ help help help!

Brad ford

I have a Ford Fiesta mk6 1.4 tdci 2009 van that is running lumpy and recently went into limp mode. It sounds like it’s running on 3 cylinders.

first I removed the air box to get  access to the injectors. I then started the car to see if I could feel the injectors pulsing/buzzing. I could feel number 1 2 3 working but not number 4 so...

After plugging in and scanning I found the code p1204 (injector 4 circuit open/shorted) So I tested the injector loom and all injectors with a multimeter. I was getting a lower reading on the number 4 injector. So all tests was pointing to a Bad injector.

I replaced the injector 4 with a used Injector and the p0204 fault went but now the car will not start.

So I went ahead and discontent the 4th injector plug and it’s started strait up but when connected it will not start

aslo when the number 4 injector is Connected I get a new fault code  p0213 (cold start injector 1) and when disconnected the code goes.

could the po213 code stop it from starting?? Is there a cold start injector If so where can I find it?? 

Any help would be appreciated 

Did use Forscan to code the injector to the ECU?

thanks for the reply. 

i have not yet coded the injector

To be honest I thought the 1.4 tdci injectors didn’t need coding.

I have a Delphi vci running Delphi cars 2017 and have just give that a try and I can not find any option for injector coding.

do the 1.4 tdci definitely need coding?? If so I will get it done.

After researching on other forms, some say yes and some say no. I’m stuck on what to do next. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club