Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 update.

B0D0

I don't know if this topic was talked about but did any of you updated sync 3 to the latest version?

I have sync 3 with version 2.2 from factory and I would like to go to version 3.0. There is an update for my car because I have found it on Ford's webpage.

Is 3.0 the latest version or there is a newer one (3.2 for example)?

Will I ruin my system if anything goes wrong and can I revert to original one if the update goes south?

Is it better to do via WIFI or via USB dongle?

THX!!!

3 is the latest version, just follow the nstruction on the Ford update site, you need to use a memory stick, if you have navigation this upgrade will allow you to get the latest maps version 7.

Yes I do have navigation. Will it update the maps too or for that I have to pay Ford?

The download it's not big (2.56GB)  or is it? 

Hope I will not mess it up. Supose I can always revert to factory settings, hopefully.

Thx a lot!

The map ubdate is free but you have to update to version 3 first i can remeber how big that update is , the maps update is large you will ned a 32gb stick for that it works just follow the instuctions

Oki doki. Thx for that . First I will have to get a bigger stick than I will give it a try next week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 1:47 PM, pragmatix said:

3 is the latest version, just follow the nstruction on the Ford update site, you need to use a memory stick, if you have navigation this upgrade will allow you to get the latest maps version 7.

I managed to do the update to v3.0 but can't seem to find an update for the satnav. I still got the original version 4. I tried on the webpage and via wifi and there are no more updates available 

Just now, B0D0 said:

I managed to do the update to v3.0 but can't seem to find an update for the satnav. I still got the original version 4. I tried on the webpage and via wifi and there are no more updates available 

Its on the same page, i dont know why you cant see it did you upload. Did you upload the file to confirm that you have version 3, sorry I've forgotten what the file is called.

36 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Its on the same page, i dont know why you cant see it did you upload. Did you upload the file to confirm that you have version 3, sorry I've forgotten what the file is called.

I know what the problem is.

In Spain they don't have yet the maps for some reason but I can get them of ford uk. I just checked now with my vin and they give me the maps update. 

The maps are not only for uk no? They update the whole EU maps ?

1 hour ago, B0D0 said:

I know what the problem is.

In Spain they don't have yet the maps for some reason but I can get them of ford uk. I just checked now with my vin and they give me the maps update. 

The maps are not only for uk no? They update the whole EU maps ?

Yes all of Europe 

1 minute ago, pragmatix said:

Yes all of Europe 

Great.

I am downloading them now but the file is huge 20.6 GB.

THX!

2 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

Great.

I am downloading them now but the file is huge 20.6 GB.

THX!

Make sure you have a memory stick of at least 32 Gb

8 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Make sure you have a memory stick of at least 32 Gb

I know thx I am using a 64 GB just in case