Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RADIO

Christopher2013

Hi all I’ve got a standard fm radio in my fiesta but want to change it to dab is it a costly/time consuming job 

I did it to my 2010 fiesta, cost roughly £120 for radio facia aerial wiring booster and ground plate

• Like 1

Depends how cheap you can get a DAB unit for, but I did it to my Fiesta. I've linked the topic I created a while back. I may have gotten lucky though as a couple have tried it and not been able to get DAB to show up, even with the correct aerial etc.

Note that it is slightly harder to do on the facelift as the ECU talks to the head unit a lot about diagnostics, emergency calling etc.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Christopher2013 said:

Hi all I’ve got a standard fm radio in my fiesta but want to change it to dab is it a costly/time consuming job 

Don't bother.   I've got a DAB radio in my car and, after a few weeks I switched it ti FM and it's been on FM for three years.   DAB was constantly breaking up all the time.   Drove me up the wall.

16 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Don't bother.   I've got a DAB radio in my car and, after a few weeks I switched it ti FM and it's been on FM for three years.   DAB was constantly breaking up all the time.   Drove me up the wall.

It really depends where you live. I rarely have it cut out on most stations. Heart is usually the one to cut out most often for me, but I don't listen often anyway. I know for radio 1 (and probably all BBC) it seamlessly swaps to FM if DAB loses signal. It's amazing the sound quality difference when it happens lol. Kisstory however will just cut out and say seeking. I'd say that probably happens once a week on a 20 minute commute to and from work every day.

There is one spot in my local area that cuts out for me and I live in a pretty rural area too. Local stations switch between DAB and FM but national stations such as Virgin, Kisstory etc i have good coverage on.

If you want to check your local area before you buy, id check this - http://www.ukdigitalradio.com/coverage/currenttransmitters/details.asp?id=3

It shows a map view but also which stations will be available in your area. - Not what the OP was asking for but hopefully useful for anyone who is considering spending the money on DAB.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club