Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning For Those With Lowered Mk7S

titanium_s_spec

Could all those people who have had there cars lowered by ford please check the toe in geometry on the front wheels as i have just got through my front tyres in less than 4000 miles, because ford had forgotten to change and check it went they fitted lowering springs.

So it has just cost me £263 for 2 new tyres and computer aligned wheel alignment.

Do you think i have a case with ford to reclaim cost for tyres etc etc ..

Is it there fault..

Edited by DanGull
Retitled - just so to not cause unnecessary worry.

Do you think i have a case with ford to reclaim cost for tyres etc etc ..

Is it there fault..

If you can show that the tyre wear is due to the mis-alignment of the wheels and can that the wheels were mis-aligned due to the dealer that lowered the car (rather than having been knocked etc) then you definately have a case.

Did the place where you got the alignment done give you any sort of record of what the alignment was when they started? If both wheels are similarly mis-aligned, then its very unlikely that you could have knocked the wheels like that and it would show that the settings had always been wrong.

Thanks for the heads-up as I'm getting mine lowered later next week. :)

If you can show that the tyre wear is due to the mis-alignment of the wheels and can that the wheels were mis-aligned due to the dealer that lowered the car (rather than having been knocked etc) then you definately have a case.

Did the place where you got the alignment done give you any sort of record of what the alignment was when they started? If both wheels are similarly mis-aligned, then its very unlikely that you could have knocked the wheels like that and it would show that the settings had always been wrong.

yes they did they gave me a print out with b4 and after they were both out by 3mm and the car's wheels have not been knocked in any way.And the wear was in side going to the middle of the tyre caused by toe in..o and i've kept the tyres

yes they did they gave me a print out with b4 and after they were both out by 3mm and the car's wheels have not been knocked in any way.And the wear was in side going to the middle of the tyre caused by toe in..o and i've kept the tyres

I would personally say thats more than enough evidence to get most of the cost of a set of tyres back at the very least.

I would personally say thats more than enough evidence to get most of the cost of a set of tyres back at the very least.

i hope so or i will claim it back by canceling me and my g/f prepaid services on her fiesta an mine and get it done cheaper else where and also after buying 5 cars from this dealer will never by another..

who has had theres lowered on 17's

I do <_<

When I had my springs fitted i had the alignment checked and it was bang on - but i'm wondering now whether it was bang on to the standard settings, not the lowered one?

Anyone know what the settings for toe in and camber should be with it lowered?

If you don't mind me asking, how much is it for Ford to lower the mk7? Is it those Eibach springs everyone raves on about, and is it for looks or is there an awesome improvement in handling. If so how?

Cheers!

If you don't mind me asking, how much is it for Ford to lower the mk7?

ALOT!!! You ready........

I was quoted around the £460 mark, that was them supplying and fitting.

To say i laughed was a under statement.

Ford Dealers' fitting prices take the pish, serriously. I was quoted 6hrs @ £95/hr labour (or was it £96?!). :angry:

In the end went to my local garage who despite quoting me £93 for 2.5h labour, only charged me £74 in the end as it only took 2hours (one man). :P

And they not only look better, but handle much better too. TBH the grip is amazing!

Cheers for the responses, ton confirm will they go on my Titanium, or do you have to have a Zetec? If anyone can tell me (or find likes for topics) what the differences are in handling between Zetec S and Titi, even better!

ok spoke to dealer today can give me half the money back which is £135 or first service for free which is better for them i wonder why !?

so here we go what would you guys do now.

Nah i would demand 2 new tyres.

If all else fails take the £135 and take you car somewhere else for servicing.

well g/fs car is booked in on fri there so is gong to have a go at getting more.also for the first service does it have to be fords.

If you've done 4000 miles (which I think I remember you saying you had) then I'd tell Ford that the tyres on the car should've lasted at least four times longer than they currently have and the reason they haven't is a result of their error whilst carrying out a procedure which should have had the effect of improving your vehicle from its original condition and one which you were paying for. I'd therefore offer to contribute a quarter of the cost of the two new tyres and let them cover 3/4 as a gesture of goodwill.

Thinking about it, £135 is probably not far off 3/4 of the cost of two good tyres so I'd probably just take that. :D

well g/fs car is booked in on fri there so is gong to have a go at getting more.also for the first service does it have to be fords.

Nope.

Nope.

ok cheers for the comments.. ford said they could not give us the full amount for the tires because the rest of the tire was worn well funny that because it was due to them not adjusting the tracking correctly.but the trouble is here that i have seen the job card and it say,s fit springs and adjust tracking to suit but what i have to find out from them is what settings they did it 2because if they just changed springs and adjusted tracking to there settings it would of been wrong.and also gf was going to buy a new car from them them soon but guess what she won,t now and neither will she go back there for any servicing which needs doing on her 08 fiesta.told service manager that and hey guess what not bothered.o well so much for the car industry struggling. what should i do now advice please.. help

help advice

Up to you really. I'd personally take it, as the dealer could possibly argue that you should have noticed it sooner, by inspecting your car on a daily/weekly basis etc for safety and whatnot. I check mine before each fortnightly long journey North for nails, stones, pressure, flat spots, uneven wear and sidewall damage.

However, if you feel you are definitely hard done by, you could pursue it I guess. You've been lucky to get even half the cost back.

And what tyres are they to cost THAT much? I got 2x 18/225/40 Eagle F1 for £95 ea. fitted and paid £20 for professional four-wheel laser alignment. Sounds like you paid a lot of cash :(

Still a bit steep imo - you can nab those in that size quite cheap phoning about. Where did you buy from?

Regardless, what do you think you will do now?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club