Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


LED DRL Upgrade


TomZS13
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve recently installed some new headlights on my fiesta, it previously had H15 Drl/mainbeam bulbs, the new lights have the led drl strip but are dim when they should be bright and bright when they should be dim, I’ve heard that this is solved with IDS. Does anybody know where this can be done. @Cookey09 did you get your lights done?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 11/30/2018 at 12:42 AM, TomZS13 said:

I’ve recently installed some new headlights on my fiesta, it previously had H15 Drl/mainbeam bulbs, the new lights have the led drl strip but are dim when they should be bright and bright when they should be dim, I’ve heard that this is solved with IDS. Does anybody know where this can be done. @Cookey09 did you get your lights done?

HI mate, no I didnt, I opted to chop my 1.0ecoboost in for a new st3 not long after my post... I have heard forscan is the way to go or if you have a mate or are friendly enough with any ford dealers/mechanics they should be able to do it for you if you tell them it can be done through forscan... 

 

I do know however that autobeam.co.uk do h15 LED Bulbs now, which I wish were available for when I had mine, let me know how you get on with it mate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I took the car to ford, after four hours the technician said he had no clue how to fix the drls to work properly and advised me to remove my autobeam LED indicators because they were probably causing an issue, Ford were no help 😂. I downloaded forscan and within 5 minutes and the LED drls are fully functioning as they should and they look amazing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 12/27/2018 at 12:23 PM, TomZS13 said:

I took the car to ford, after four hours the technician said he had no clue how to fix the drls to work properly and advised me to remove my autobeam LED indicators because they were probably causing an issue, Ford were no help 😂. I downloaded forscan and within 5 minutes and the LED drls are fully functioning as they should and they look amazing

That's really interesting. I didn't think it was possible to do this. What did you have to change to get it to work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 5/23/2020 at 9:33 PM, RO02THO said:

That's really interesting. I didn't think it was possible to do this. What did you have to change to get it to work?

Hi,

looking for some pointers on this please.  I’ve just spent the last hour changing headlight and drl configurations in Forscan but still no luck.

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership