robbyvrs

Detailed and decals applied

Recommended Posts

Well had a nice long weekend so decided to have a go at all the swirls covering every inch of the paintwork - great for a 500 miles car 😞  guess it was 500 miles back and forth through a car wash?

Got a lot of the defects out (85 - 90%) then applied EX-P sealant, removed all wheels to seal insides and outers and applied the decals bought from DMB

Tyres dressed with Megs endurance gel, black trim protected with Aerospace 303

Trying to find some gloss black mirror covers if anyone knows where to buy them?

jD8HapO.jpg?1

 

Oq6amHD.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Very nice. Are the painted sections on the mirrors available from Ford? Might not be as expensive as you think and guaranteed to be a perfect fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

Very nice. Are the painted sections on the mirrors available from Ford? Might not be as expensive as you think and guaranteed to be a perfect fit.

 

20 minutes ago, Titanium said:

Mirror covers are £79.00 each from Ford with the colour of your choice.

Or maybe they are expensive lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are plenty of aftermarket MK7 mirror covers available but i haven't seen any MK8 yet 😞 i bought a pair for my MK7 Golf for £40 a pair in flawless gloss black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks nice 👍. Should get close up pictures of the sun reflecting off the paint. With my fiesta I used Koch chemie H8.02 compound and britemax blackmax. The Koch chemie compound I highly recommend as it brought out gloss which normally a compound leaves the paint hazy. 

I then sealed the paint with fusso coat and then waxed with petes 53.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Looks nice 👍. Should get close up pictures of the sun reflecting off the paint. With my fiesta I used Koch chemie H8.02 compound and britemax blackmax. The Koch chemie compound I highly recommend as it brought out gloss which normally a compound leaves the paint hazy. 

I then sealed the paint with fusso coat and then waxed with petes 53.

For the drivers side after using Megs 205 i applied Blackfire gloss enhancing polish before the EX-P sealant, doing the passenger side i missed out the Blackfire and tbh there doesn't look to be any difference?

The Megs 205 has a fine cut to remove light swirls but not deeper scratches, i didn't want to go to harsh on newish paint unless it gets so bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going have to do something similar to mine when I get it. 

It reminds me of the large red fairing panels on the Ducati Panigale that is plain as standard, when a Ducati Corse decal is added it breaks the panel up nicely and makes the bike look a lot better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, robbyvrs said:

For the drivers side after using Megs 205 i applied Blackfire gloss enhancing polish before the EX-P sealant, doing the passenger side i missed out the Blackfire and tbh there doesn't look to be any difference?

The Megs 205 has a fine cut to remove light swirls but not deeper scratches, i didn't want to go to harsh on newish paint unless it gets so bad

That's something I noticed also when I used the Koch chemie compound. The finishing polish added just a very small touch more darkness to the paint which you'd only notice at certain angles. Is the megs 205 a compound or polish? Can't remember the top of my head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

That's something I noticed also when I used the Koch chemie compound. The finishing polish added just a very small touch more darkness to the paint which you'd only notice at certain angles. Is the megs 205 a compound or polish? Can't remember the top of my head. 

Megs 205 is a mild compound for removing light swirls, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, TomBoyNI said:

That looks smart. 😎

Thanks 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.