Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus noisy after Clutch changed

Callisto

Hello Forum,

I have a Focus Hatchback 5d Diesel (plate 2015 UK drive).

suddendly my car has stopped working properly on the road and the clutch didn't work no noise problems and engine, just problem to run because the clutch gone.

I sent the car into an official Ford Garage to replace the clutch and I already paid £££ money to have the job done.

The garage was closing when I collected the car but suddendly the car started making noise that sounds like the metal sound when you hit a bell.

the noise stops when I press the clutch. 

I go back today to the garage to speak with them hoping that the new clutch was fitted properly and not other damages are present.

I've never seen this problem before but only after I collected my car from the official garage.  there is a noise i cannot accept.

I don't know if they checked carefully the assembly of the clutch but their tech report says no issues apart the clutch change.

My question for all of yours is: If there is a problem has to be fixed, do I need to pay again the entire manual labour of the garage to open, check and replace the part that should be spotted during the checks of the clutch, please?

Thanks, Callisto.

to be clear, the noise started only after the clutch has been replaced and with the car running (not parked). i can change the gears and no noise changing them.

the garage says that from the sound it looks like something is not proper fitted correctly. they will have a look today. Hope it will be fine.

C.

Edited by Callisto
grammar

Something sounds definitely off there, was the release bearing changed at the same time? That almost sounds like the clutch itself is too big or very incorrectly mounted, that noise to me would suggest its catching on the housing more than anything but it's open game at this point without hearing / seeing it etc.

Good luck hope it's all sorted quickly!

• Like 1

back from the garage, they found not mounted properly the clutch(plate not tigth fixed), after i show them the issue.

Now car fixed.

I was worry a lot about the sound and I was also thinking that I've had to replace more parts.

The sound was obviously not good. but I am very lucky to have no other painful issues.

thanks.

Callisto.

P.S.: they corrected the issue of course without any money charge.

Edited by Callisto
more info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi

Its sounds like it's either the pressure plate not aligned probably or it could be the thrust bearing which they have not bother to change

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club