Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK2.5 back box layout.

F0CUE

Been having a proper look over the exhaust system and the way the back box is layed out is weird. Does this mean you can't use a standard layout and any aftermarket needs to have a very long pipe like the original? I don't see a normal one having any space in there. If anyone has any examples would be great.

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

Been having a proper look over the exhaust system and the way the back box is layed out is weird. Does this mean you can't use a standard layout and any aftermarket needs to have a very long pipe like the original? I don't see a normal one having any space in there. If anyone has any examples would be great.

You can get aftermarket boxes with a long pipe between the box and tip for these.  You wouldn't be able to fit a generic one though as you say.  

https://www.directcarparts.co.uk/performance-c5/exhausts-c27/performance-rear-exhaust-silencer-for-the-ford-focus-mk2-05-2010-p2520

• Like 2

I was looking for just a twin tailpipe for mine, to fit to the standard system. As there's no silencer, I didn't think it would be expensive. How wrong was I! The only decent looking one I could find is the guts of 200 quid.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SFOC7S-Piper-Ford-Focus-Rear-MK2-1-6-1-8-2-0-Diesel-1-8-2-Section-Tailpipe/282893986954?epid=1845013640&hash=item41ddcbac8a:g:Cd8AAOSwQXBashaS

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You can get aftermarket boxes with a long pipe between the box and tip for these.  You wouldn't be able to fit a generic one though as you say.  

https://www.directcarparts.co.uk/performance-c5/exhausts-c27/performance-rear-exhaust-silencer-for-the-ford-focus-mk2-05-2010-p2520

Thanks it practically looks like what I already have with a trim slapped on I would be as well just doing that lol

4 hours ago, ashmicro said:

I was looking for just a twin tailpipe for mine, to fit to the standard system. As there's no silencer, I didn't think it would be expensive. How wrong was I! The only decent looking one I could find is the guts of 200 quid.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SFOC7S-Piper-Ford-Focus-Rear-MK2-1-6-1-8-2-0-Diesel-1-8-2-Section-Tailpipe/282893986954?epid=1845013640&hash=item41ddcbac8a:g:Cd8AAOSwQXBashaS

Nightmare plenty more could be done with that 200 quid.

• Like 1

I took mine to an exhaust garage to make one for me, I got mine straight piped from cat, I much prefer it over a backbox and parts

7 hours ago, stonecrow said:

I took mine to an exhaust garage to make one for me, I got mine straight piped from cat, I much prefer it over a backbox and parts

Yeh due to limited funds I'm doing it in parts. How much did they charge for the custom work?

15 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Thanks it practically looks like what I already have with a trim slapped on I would be as well just doing that lol

Depends if you want extra noise or just looks?  If you're just after looks, a trim is the way to go...paid £15 posted for a pair of slip-on stainless trims for mine lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Depends if you want extra noise or just looks?  If you're just after looks, a trim is the way to go...paid £15 posted for a pair of slip-on stainless trims for mine lol.

Yeh I think it's noisy enough with the filter the sound resonates through the streets as it's the duratec/sigma. Was it the type with the bend in it you bought so it looks straight or did you cut the bend off? The zetec s one looks stupid/laughable.

20 hours ago, ashmicro said:

There's always This depends on what you want it to look like though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Yeh I think it's noisy enough with the filter the sound resonates through the streets as it's the duratec/sigma. Was it the type with the bend in it you bought so it looks straight or did you cut the bend off? The zetec s one looks stupid/laughable.

Mine are on the Golf lol.  I never got one for the Focus as I don't think they look right without a bumper cut-out personally.

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Mine are on the Golf lol.  I never got one for the Focus as I don't think they look right without a bumper cut-out personally.

Yeh I know what you mean I'll put something together that will look right. I guess you mean when it looks like this..

Screenshot_20190508-085512.jpg

4 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Yeh I know what you mean I'll put something together that will look right. I guess you mean when it looks like this..

Screenshot_20190508-085512.jpg

Yup, that just looks silly to me.  Each to their own though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Yup, that just looks silly to me.  Each to their own though!

Yep would defo need cut out with some trim to tidy it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Yeh due to limited funds I'm doing it in parts. How much did they charge for the custom work?

It was 300 for everything, fitting, the exhaust, removal etc including a 3.5" tail pipe 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club