Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2.5 Front brake rotor upgrade

Klein

Hi,

I'm currently in the midst of upgrading my front brake set from the current 278mm to 300mm disc. My disc is currently warped and I think this is the right time for an upgrade, I know that both these setups are using the exact same caliper but different caliper carrier. However, I'm having a hard time looking for the part number of the carrier caliper for 300mm disc. Is there anyone out there who did the same setup and kind enough to show the where to get the carrier caliper?

Thanks in advance.

Just find yourself a scrap car that has the correct caliper brackets. The 300 front disc brakes are used on the 1.8 TDCI and 2.0 TDCI diesel engines and 2.0 Duratec HE petrol engine. There are plenty of these vehicles scrapped these days.

New caliper brackets are only available from Ford and cost a small fortune (over €200,- a piece). There are cheap (Chinese) aftermarket replacements but I would not recommend to use these because of the (very) poor quality.

Also be aware that the 300 mm front disc brakes always must be combined with 280 mm rear disc brakes. Combining the 300 mm front disc brakes with 265 mm rear disc brakes or even drum brakes will result in a disturbed front/rear brake balance and make the car unstable during hard braking. Definetely not what you want in a critical situation. The Focus MK2/MK2.5 Brake Control Module does not have any configurable brake size settings. The front/rear brake balance is preconfigured in the Brake Control module software and can not be changed. You can install bigger front brakes without any problem as long as they are combined with the corresponding rear brakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

These are of a 1.6 TDCI which has 278 mm brakes. The brake diameter (in this case 278 mm) is also casted on the caliper brackets.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JW1982 said:

These are of a 1.6 TDCI which has 278 mm brakes. The brake diameter (in this case 278 mm) is also casted on the caliper brackets.

Thank you for the kind information.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club