steplce74

boot release switch

ive been having issues with my boot handle / switch, it works every time from the fob, it will sometimes work after i have unlocked the car but that recently it barely unlocks without using the boot button on the fob, been told its the mirco switch in the door handle

I know this is a common issue and I phoned a few dealers who don't stock it but can get one £51, just wondering if anyone had a spare one, looked on ebay which are only £6 but cant be genuine, thanks, is this also a guide on how to change it

Exactly the same issue on my 64 Plate Focus, i searched e-bay but found the same thing as yourself and didnt want to pay for dodgey copies.  I went to the ford dealer near me and he told me that the switch going is a common thing which then made me question buying the 2nd hand ones from scrap yards... so i have just stumped up the dosh to replace the switch - which i didn't want to do - but plan on having the car quite a while yet!  Probably get it fitted this evening so can take some pics as i muddle through the process and report back!

thanks, hopefully it wont be to painful

Well replacing the switch has resolved my issue and boot is now opening, this is how I did it...

Removed the two handle covers on the back of the boot lit and unscrewed the two Philips screws behind each one...1145669384.thumb.png.f7e2fb2deecd10ffe288810098aef9ab.png

1343167654.thumb.png.ce734b83e8e1d67c4411875818bd58d7.png

I found there are 6 nuts holding the outer boot handle on the car so you need to remove these but be careful not to lose them behind the metal...

418565986.thumb.png.c86c550d7fe5be835eb9841e1c2b1583.png

Back on the outside of the boot the plastic should now just pull away, you should then be able to push our the button, pull the cable and swap...

429999655.thumb.png.750443402864672240a755db09f12641.png

I gave it all a little clean behind there, I tested it worked and then reassembled in reverse order, tested a few more times and all is well again!