Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Sync2 Sat Nav query

rufne2kx

Hi Guys,

I'm currently looking to upgrade from my Yaris to a Focus and have come across two that seem suitable for me, but either way I have to compromise on either CC or Sat nav.

Option 1: 15 plate 1.5tdci, has CC but no sat nav, Sync2. £140 cheaper than option 2.

Option 2: 66 plate, 1.5tdci,has sat nav but no CC, Sync2. £140 dearer than option 1.

Both from a reputable car dealer and around 35k-40k on the clock.

The integrated tomtom sat nav unit in my yaris displayed speed cams which was really useful for when I was driving around without keying in a destination. Does the ford sat nav do speed cameras/traffic or would it be better to use my phone (waze)? If the ford sat nav isn't all that then i'd rather just save the difference and go for the CC option. If the ford sat nav does do speed cams/traffic then I'd go for that and then consider the retrospective CC fitting. 

Any thoughts/opinions? TIA.

You can retrofit SatNav fairly easily with Forscan, some Sync 2 updates and a map card. Cost me all of £20 to do. You'll be better off with the phone in most cases, but I do get alerts for cameras, but the Sync nav system is unlikely to get any more updates.

There's lots of tutorials on YouTube showing how to add SatNav retrospectively as most Focus cars have the GPS built in.

For me Cruise Control is more important as it's harder to retrofit and useful for long distance driving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ennvoqation said:

You can retrofit SatNav fairly easily with Forscan, some Sync 2 updates and a map card. Cost me all of £20 to do. You'll be better off with the phone in most cases, but I do get alerts for cameras, but the Sync nav system is unlikely to get any more updates.

There's lots of tutorials on YouTube showing how to add SatNav retrospectively as most Focus cars have the GPS built in.

For me Cruise Control is more important as it's harder to retrofit and useful for long distance driving.

Cheers. Does that £20 for sat nav include any hardware that's needed? Or is the hardware already there but just needs activating via software?

42 minutes ago, rufne2kx said:

Cheers. Does that £20 for sat nav include any hardware that's needed? Or is the hardware already there but just needs activating via software?

I had a SD card already, and the OBD reader that was recommended through this site, all I needed to do is download the updates and then copy them across to the card and let the car do it's own thing. You can often find the latest Ford maps on eBay or create your own after jumping through a few hoops. It's a simple enough process just takes 20-40 min to complete.

• Like 1

Have a word with@Bannko
He's spot on with Sync2 nav activation.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi guys I have sync 2 no sat nav but have the compass with information top right,,I have obd and mem stick I just need a link to get the nav "enable nav "software to transfer it over any links for Europe plz thank u nelly

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club