Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5" Adaptor for Rear View Cam

Len-Tikular

I have just had my 2012 (Sync1) Focus 1.6TDCI  fitted with a rear view parking camera and all wiring installed. The technician who did this upgrade is pulling his hair out because he has tried all sorts to get the camera working. It now appears that I need an adapter because my 5" screen is of an older version. Without  this adapter it appears that the required fields in Forscan cannot be updated.

Can anyone help me locate or identify the adapter I need (Part number etc cost ?) A picture of the adapter would be good.

Thanks

Did they install an original or aftermarket rear view camera?

I'm sure it was an aftermarket camera!

I do know that the engineer did have trouble in finding the correct video cable to connect to the rear of the display, He eventually got one from amazon!! The one he got from a ford dealer did not fit.

When using an aftermarket rear view camera the older 5 Inch Displays (FCDIM) require an aftermarket rear view camera module. These modules are produced by some Russian people.

For example the makers of the Russian UCDS diagnostic system also used to offer the aftermarket rear view camera module. However as far as I am aware these modules are pretty hard to find these days.

Another option is to install a newer version of the 5 Inch FCDIM which no longer requires a rear view camera module. These displays can be identified by the Rosenberger/Fakra HSD connector at the back and accept the video feed of any NTSC rear view camera.

• Like 1

Thanks JW,

Will fitting either of these options degrade the functionality of my voice control, blue Tooth or Sat Nav functions ?

Seems like I'm snookered!! here's a few pictures of what I have, Evidently I don't have Sync at all on my 2012 Ford Focus!! I have bluetooth with Voice and Active Park Assist and Sat Nav instead.

JW, do you have a part Number for the replacement 5" screen. If I do buy one I want to ensure I have the correct one.

There are many MK3 Sync2 units on eBay for sale. Can I swap my existing CD and Nav/Screen for one of these i.e change the whole unit!!

Focus3.thumb.jpg.fe1e9c3b63e15f1ceb2fdaa2fdd42772.jpg

Focus1.jpg

Focus2.jpg

Focus3.jpg

Edited by Len-Tikular
extra info

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club