Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inlet Manifold Pipes

mack625

Hi, I have 2 pipes just below the throttle housing sucking in Air which i can't workout if they should be or they should be sealed off. My Vehicle failed the MOT Emissions test and think this could be the problem if the 2 pipes shouldn't be sucking in air. They both have white caps on them so not sure if something has cause them to split to cause this problem.

I have attached photos so you can see better what i'm talking about

As you can see in the photo it looks like they have caps on them but have got holes appeared. If they should be capped off can they be purchased or does anyone know how to seal them

Thanks for any help

Throttle Housing View.jpg

Vacuum pipe.jpg

Vacuum pipe 2.jpg

Yeah, they'll be sucking in extra air creating a lean mix so that's probably causing the emissions fail.

Not sure where you could buy those caps but I reckon a local garage could give you some that fit, that sort of thing is fitted on new fuel filters to stop dirt getting in.  Or you could tape it up as a free bodge lol...

Hi, thank you for the reply Tom and the link focue

I can't really tell the diameter but it looks to me like shoving a golf tee in each one would be a temporary or bodged permanet fix.

• Haha 1