Jon Bhoy

Shock Absorbers

Hi all,

Back again.Well after a day of trying to sort out steering vibrations i have had 2 new tyres,found out 1 alloy is like an egg shape due to pot holes with two others possibly buckled which will go in for all four to be checked and repaired next week,finding i need the binnacle soldering due to throwing codes (The infamous dry solder!) and then after all was done told me i needed the front shock absorbers replacing as they are both leaking a lot. So far the bill has come to nearly £900 for odds and sods which has killed me but got to keep the car on the road due to poor health issues and if i lose it im in trouble.

Just wondered as a ball park folks how much would you say for a pair of shock absorbers supplied and fitted ? Also the guys sorted maybe 70% of the vibration by putting the new tyres on the front and egg shaped one at back and i know buckled alloys might be an issue but would worn shocks cause any steering vibrations? Thanks so much guys , i REALLY appreciate all the comments over the past few weeks.