Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does the standard MK3 Studio model have AUX or USB?

Bossman84

Looking at buying a 2014 Focus MK3 Studio 1.6 petrol. It's a good price but a fair way away from my home so if I go to view I need to be fairly sure about driving it away. The seller says it doesn't have bluetooth, aux or a USB port however I think he's in his twilight years and perhaps not so up to date and maybe just doesn't know that these thing are on his vehicle (possibly in the glove box?).

Can anybody advice me on whether the standard studio model has any of these features and if not, how much would an after market decent stereo cost (probably fitted by somebody else as I've had zero experience with that kind of thing) and would it affect the steering wheel buttons if I got an after market stereo?

Thanks for any help or advice that is sent my way.

34 minutes ago, Bossman84 said:

Looking at buying a 2014 Focus MK3 Studio 1.6 petrol. It's a good price but a fair way away from my home so if I go to view I need to be fairly sure about driving it away. The seller says it doesn't have bluetooth, aux or a USB port however I think he's in his twilight years and perhaps not so up to date and maybe just doesn't know that these thing are on his vehicle (possibly in the glove box?).

Can anybody advice me on whether the standard studio model has any of these features and if not, how much would an after market decent stereo cost (probably fitted by somebody else as I've had zero experience with that kind of thing) and would it affect the steering wheel buttons if I got an after market stereo?

Thanks for any help or advice that is sent my way.

hi i would personally hop onto eBay and buy an android touchscreen unit very easy to fit and would give you sat nav bluetooth usb  and retain all your steering wheel buttons if you have them.

they range anywhere from £200 up to £300 for the 10 inch tesla style one.                                             

• Like 1

Thanks, will look into that. Could a layman like me manage to not balls it up and fit it well? I have seen kits that include the fascia and the cables needs for fitting along with the sterring wheel function.

However, do you know if the model I'm looking at has any of the features I was asking about? Even if it just has an AUX port I'd be happy with that.

7 minutes ago, Kevkawasaki said:

hi i would personally hop onto ebay and buy an android touchscreen unit very easy to fit and would give you sat nav bluetooth usb  and retain all your steering wheel buttons if you have them.

they range anywhere from £200 up to £300 for the 10 inch tesla style one.                                             

Thanks, will look into that. Could a layman like me manage to not balls it up and fit it well? I have seen kits that include the fascia and the cables needs for fitting along with the sterring wheel function.

However, do you know if the model I'm looking at has any of the features I was asking about? Even if it just has an AUX port I'd be happy with that.

Sorry from what I can see it does not have any aux port as standard.

Yes anyone can fit the android units almost plug and play depending on whether you add things like parking sensors or cameras tyre pressure monitoring systems to be honest the sky is the limit 

6 hours ago, Kevkawasaki said:

Sorry from what I can see it does not have any aux port as standard.

Where did you see this? I couldn't find any info on it at all.

Parkers guide looks like even basic things were an optional extra.

USB should be standard on every trim level. An AUX input however is not installed as standard on the Low Level audio system (without Bluetooth).

• Like 1

Just now, JW1982 said:

USB should be standard on every trim level. An AUX input however is not installed as standard on the Low Level audio system (without Bluetooth).

Thank you. Will that USB act as an AUX and play the audio from my phone?

You could probably buy an adapter to convert it.

USB is a digital data connection.
AUX is an analog audio connection.

These are completely different. there is no way to convert an analog audio connection to a digital data connection. At least not without an enhanced electronic circuitry.

It is however possible to connect a phone to the USB port and configure the phone to act as a mass storage device. This way the phone will be recognised by the audio system as a USB drive/harddisk and the (supported) music files on the phone storage can be selected and played on the audio system.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club