Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote key fob only working when close to the car?

ToXIcG

Starting last night I noticed my remote key fob only works when close to the car, I replaced the battery in the key fob and im still having the same problem.

Any ideas?

So this seems to be some kind of interference as it works fine at a different place.

Make sure there’s nothing interfering with the antenna. On the Mk7.5 it’s under the rear seats. Not sure on your model

• Like 1

@ToXIcG nice to see you again 😊. Does it only do this at home and never away from home? Could be a interference or even the battery on the key going. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 3:05 PM, ThaiFiesta said:

Make sure there’s nothing interfering with the antenna. On the Mk7.5 it’s under the rear seats. Not sure on your model

On 8/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, zain611 said:

@ToXIcG nice to see you again 😊. Does it only do this at home and never away from home? Could be a interference or even the battery on the key going. 

Funny thing is, after I went out and came back the next day it was all fine again and has been since.

Had similar problem a few years ago, key fob wouldn't lock/unlock the car at home, had to lock & unlock manually with key. If I took the car several hundred yards away it worked fine. Odd thing to the doorbell on my house stopped working too. I suspected someone in the stair opposite as there was a thunderpole antenna for cb radio attached to the chimney stack, also a long single wire stretching from one end of the same roof to the other end which I think was for ham radio. Interference eventually stopped. There is a organization that will investigate this sort of interference in the UK, can't quite remember the name of it but I'm sure it's still on Google somewhere.

On 8/17/2019 at 8:02 PM, auldreekie said:

Had similar problem a few years ago, key fob wouldn't lock/unlock the car at home, had to lock & unlock manually with key. If I took the car several hundred yards away it worked fine. Odd thing to the doorbell on my house stopped working too. I suspected someone in the stair opposite as there was a thunderpole antenna for cb radio attached to the chimney stack, also a long single wire stretching from one end of the same roof to the other end which I think was for ham radio. Interference eventually stopped. There is a organization that will investigate this sort of interference in the UK, can't quite remember the name of it but I'm sure it's still on Google somewhere.

And you all thought I was taking the ***** with the pirate radio station thing!

• Like 1

You can report it to Ofcom but they may not investigate unless they get multiple complaints and even then may charge you for a spectrum survey.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club