jsk

Sync3 build 18093

Hi all

Anyone any idea how long build 18093 update has been available. Checked or updates yesterday on the website and mine was up to date. Checked today and 18093 was available for update.

Checking via Google it appears some have had it available for over 3 months. Appears it helps with the operation of Waze maps. Could have been released in North America first.

Took approx 15 minutes to update mine.

I'm on 18025 and the Ford Sync site still says mine is up to date lol.

It appears that the hot weather has magically reflowed the GPS module in my APIM and the Sat-Nav hasn't failed in about a month, so I'm hesitant to update even if it does offer me it... I don't want to anger the Ford APIM gods more than is absolutely necessary. 🙄😀

Although Waze not crapping out and disconnecting does sound like an improvement.

Don't think for too long cause I just saw it's available for download as well while this wasn't the case 5 days ago when I last checked. Downloading now, so let's see... The only thing I hope they finally fix is the wrong speed Ford provides Apple CarPlay. It always shows I'm driving 20-25 km/h more than I'm truly driving in the navigation apps I use via CarPlay, seems to be a Ford Sync 3 issue. 

I've upgraded to build 19147 on Monday. Funnily enough, I actually got a no gps sign on the satnav the day or two after. Hopefully not a sign of things to come though weirdly, despite the no gps sign, it seemed to work as it always showed me in the pinpoint exact position in which i was. 

23 hours ago, Martijn89 said:

Don't think for too long cause I just saw it's available for download as well while this wasn't the case 5 days ago when I last checked. Downloading now, so let's see... The only thing I hope they finally fix is the wrong speed Ford provides Apple CarPlay. It always shows I'm driving 20-25 km/h more than I'm truly driving in the navigation apps I use via CarPlay, seems to be a Ford Sync 3 issue. 

Well, they fixed this issue with CarPlay! That's a big plus. I will see if I have the same issue with the GPS sign @DG97, didn't noticed it today but hopefully it's not a bug with this firmware..

Posted (edited)

Hi All

All sorted, rear veiw camera back up and running in auto. Appears to have been cused by update build 18093. Having checked the update website again found new update to build 19149. Having loaded it camera has started working again properly and the female voice in voice information is back to normal.

I found in build 18093 the femail voice had a very broard American accent. Also somewhere along the download process of 18093 it through up F150 on the sreen. Now I think that is an American truck. I am now wondering if built 18093 was released by Ford Europe by mistake as it seems to be for the North American market.

Just realised this should be in my 'Rear camera problem' topic.Sorry about that.

Edited by jsk
Entered in wrong topic

On 8/17/2019 at 9:57 PM, DG97 said:

I've upgraded to build 19147 on Monday. Funnily enough, I actually got a no gps sign on the satnav the day or two after. Hopefully not a sign of things to come though weirdly, despite the no gps sign, it seemed to work as it always showed me in the pinpoint exact position in which i was. 

Got the GPS issue fixed? I don't get the NO GPS icon, but I found that yesterday my GPS was about 10 meters off, showing the car off-road while I was driving on the road.. Maybe just a temporary GPS issue. 

1 hour ago, Martijn89 said:

Got the GPS issue fixed? I don't get the NO GPS icon, but I found that yesterday my GPS was about 10 meters off, showing the car off-road while I was driving on the road.. Maybe just a temporary GPS issue. 

Think it was just a temporary glitch thankfully! Haven’t noticed it happen since that one time and not noticed any positioning issues either. Fingers crossed it remains that way 😁