Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent wipe

Scutman

Hi

I have a Mk6 Fiesta Zetec, the intermittent wipe only works once when turned on, doesn't matter which number 1-6 it's on, nothing else happens.

Could it be a faulty switch? any ideas?

Further notes

All fuses are ok, when i push down for one wipe it works, and speed 1 and fast wipe all work fine, it's just the intermittent  wipe that's not working, whichever time setting it's on nothing happens

IMG_1178.jpg

Are you sure the 1st position is not auto when you first turn that on it does give one wipe.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:16 AM, Scutman said:

Hi

I have a Mk6 Fiesta Zetec, the intermittent wipe only works once when turned on, doesn't matter which number 1-6 it's on, nothing else happens.

Could it be a faulty switch? any ideas?

May not apply but when I had a Mk6 you used to push up the stalk it would wipe once, you then leave it for a few second return it back to off, when you then push it up it wipes at the interval you just set 10 seconds etc....

have you just bought the car? or has it gone wrong during your ownership.

My mk6.5 2007 had rain sensing wipers. the numbers were for the sensitivity. It never seemed to be right whatever number it was on but if there is no raindrops  on the screen then it does not keep going.

your light switch looks like it has Auto setting in pic. In 2007 a lot of Zetecs had the technology pack chucked in free - the pack was rain sensing wipers, auto lights, powerfold mirrors and a 2nd key with lock buttons on it (bog standard you got one key with buttons on and one plain key)

rain sensor is on the windscreen up by the mirror

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club