Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yet another dash cam fuse question re Stop\Start

SimonF

Apologies for this, I know there are a lot of posts regarding this topic already, since I think I've read all of them!

Very useful info, but I still have an issue that I hope someone can help with.

Have fitted an over mirror dash cam, that has LCD screen embedded, with rear view cam & recording. Had one in our Golf, which we've just sold & bought another for our new 2014 Focus 1.6 Navigator.

Initially wired it via a 12v - 5v power module, taking feeds from the auto dimming mirror, then realised that the feeds died when reverse selected.

So, finding on this forum, that F85 in the passenger footwell fusebox is an ignition switched live, I used Add-A-Circuit fused from that 7.5 amp fuse.

All well and good until engine auto stops\starts. The dash cam power cycles to its internal battery and back to charging. 

Does anyone know of any fuses that are purely ignition live and or permanent live and not influenced by stop\start etc, please? The cam should power off after 2 mins and go into a monitoring mode even from its internal battery so not worried if it's a permanent live, tbh.

Many Tia's & regards from a new Focus owner.

If you look in manual and find a fuse position that is not used but still has a fuse in it that should give you a perm live connection.

Failing that use the fuse for auxillary power points as that normally only turns off when car is off and locked.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club