Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comparison

Piston Head

I promised a few observations after driving my new Mark 8 Fiesta ST-Line X 140 for a few days and compared to my old mark 7.5 Zetec 100.

- The 140 has more go and more hill climbing ability but at this stage it doesn't seem like 40% more. We'll see how this goes as the engine loosens.

- The gearbox and clutch are much better. The 100's clutch always felt fragile and the gearbox baulky but the new 6 speed box is great and matches the engine well. The 100 always seemed overgeared.

- The tyres, Michelin Pilot Sport 4's on the 140 produce much more road noise than the Continental Premium Contact 5's on the 100

- The engine on the 140 is much quieter than the 100 in fact only when being extended does the 140 engine 3 cylinder voice become noticeable. I actually miss the 'Merlin like' noise the 100 made at a cruise.

- Sync 3 is fantastic compared with Sync and is soo much more logical to use

- Drivers seat needs to be able to be adjusted lower but otherwise the seats seem very good

- Optional LED headlamps are fantastic and for rural driving they are so much better than the old halogen projectors on the 100

- Economy - early days yet but the 140 is doing about 47mpg where the 100 would do more like 51mpg over the same journey.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club