Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removal of Ford 6000 face to install aux

Sly

Good evening,

I recently bought a set of keys and aux input cable to remove my radio face and plug the cable into the back of the radio.

I tried this and failed miserably. Anyone got any good info on how to do it? Lots of videos out there but none show how to insert the keys specifically. 

Many thanks!

It's a bit of a fiddle removing the radio. It took about 10 minutes for me to remove it with the keys in the slots. You should hear a click noise when you put the key in properly and I believe it'll be hard to remove the keys. Then it's just trying to pull out the radio. I tried to not force it out for the first 5 minutes but then had to put a bit of force in until the radio was able to budge.

I had a lot of trouble first time. I have a label with my keys now reminding me that the flat side goes towards the outer edge. In case you were not sure which way round the keys go. The ones I bought from eBay are thin and flimsey and cut into my fingers. I would rather had paid more for better quality ones, but you can't really tell which are the better quality ones. On one occasion I struggled to get a radio out and found one of the fixings was bent up badly, looked like someone had messed about with a screwdriver or something, particularly as there were gouges on the plastic surround. So perhaps someone has bent the fixings in the past making the keys not fit correctly.

Thanks chaps. 

Will give it a bash tomorrow. 

When you insert the keys and pull, do you pus the keys in any direction or do you just pull the radio straight out? 

1 hour ago, isetta said:

I had a lot of trouble first time. I have a label with my keys now reminding me that the flat side goes towards the outer edge. In case you were not sure which way round the keys go. The ones I bought from ebay are thin and flimsey and cut into my fingers. I would rather had paid more for better quality ones, but you can't really tell which are the better quality ones. On one occasion I struggled to get a radio out and found one of the fixings was bent up badly, looked like someone had messed about with a screwdriver or something, particularly as there were gouges on the plastic surround. So perhaps someone has bent the fixings in the past making the keys not fit correctly.

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

It's a bit of a fiddle removing the radio. It took about 10 minutes for me to remove it with the keys in the slots. You should hear a click noise when you put the key in properly and I believe it'll be hard to remove the keys. Then it's just trying to pull out the radio. I tried to not force it out for the first 5 minutes but then had to put a bit of force in until the radio was able to budge.

if i remember correctly, push keys in with flat side outwards. it should click in. then push each outwards a bit (so the bit sticking out of the slot is going outwards and the bit inside the slot is therefore going towards the radio. I think it helps if you concentrate on one side at a time, trouble is when you work on the 2nd side the first side can go back in, so maybe move on side out slightly and then wedge something in there (in such a way as not to damage the surround)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club