Black smoke when accelerating - 2008 Diesel Zetec Fiesta

Hi,

I recently bought a diesel FIESTA ZETEC BLUE TDCI 2008, which was serviced just before I collected it, and which also had a new MOT just before I collected it.

It has done approx. 60,000 miles.

It came with a 6 month RAC Warranty...

I have noticed that when I pull away from a junction and have to accelerate quickly, a load of dark grey / blackish fumes come out of the exhaust.

I've not driven a diesel since 2007 so might not remember if this is normal.

The car passed its MOT, so maybe it's okay - but is it it normal for a diesel to do this when accelerating hard? It looks pretty grim to me, but I don't know anything, so what do I know? Hence asking here.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

I am totally new to diesels but I have recently  acquired the exact spec and year as yours, and I dont  think mine smokes, then I am not a boy/girl racer, and she has more miles than yours.I do have another issue  with it which I have posted over in the Fiesta section. Your air filter clean? Injector issue?

I had a 2007 1.6tdci and my sister has a 2004 1.4tdci.  Both don't have dpf. Both could put out a nice cloud of black soot when accelerating hard, but only if it hasn't not been driven hard for a while. generally sedate driving would put a lot of soot into the exhaust coating the inside, a blast of acceleration would then blow all that out. But if it keeps producing more everytime you do it soon after many previous blasts then it doesn't sound right. 

Hi, I have a 1600 diesel, could be the turbo, overfueling or injector going, does it do short journeys as it could be blocked up and need a boot down the motorway, hope this helps