GaryNinja

courtesy door switch door open issue

Hello, I am having a common issue where the door will not lock and keeps saying the door is open.. before I go out spending money on a replacement unit, I was wondering if the old unit isrepairable? can you get to the micro switch to have a look at it?

I took mine apart a while ago to have a look and couldn't see the switch and I ran out of time as I had to get the kids from school and never had a chance to look at it again, its a nightmare trying to lock the doors as it keeps trying to lock and just opens again stating drivers door is open, but if I fiddle with the locking bit (where I believe the micro switch is) and i can hear the micro switch clicking when I move the locking bar back and forth it eventually locks the car doors. I know its a loose connection in the unit near the micro switch but where? I just want to fix it.

the kids play "bum ninja" as you have to keep slamming the door until eventually the doors lock and its getting harder and harder to lock.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Try the old friend,  WD40, preferably the brand with PTFE lubricant in it.

Hi Peter and thanks for the response. I have been using WD40 for months and it doesn't really work. I honestly believe its a loose connection somewhere near the switch. I have also disconnected the plug the connects the car to the door by the hinge and lubricated that as well.

I don't think it is the door connection either as it doesn't help if I wiggle it, but it does if I click the locking mechanism a few dozen times, but as you can imaging, its not very convenient every time I lock the car. 

doesn't seem like anyone knows any solution? its a mystery.

someone must have taken the lock apart somewhere?

alternatively, does anyone know which wire go to the micro switch? I could cut one so it will always seem like the car door is permanently closed. 

I presume its like the old push ones where when the door is closed the pin is pushed in and no connection and when the door is opened the pin makes contact and turns light on.

Hi again, so no ones knows how to find the micro switch then. 

can anyone tell me which wires go to the switch? was thinking of just shorting it out to show as permanently closed instead.

According to the Haynes Manual, the microswitches are part of the door lock assembly.

The manual then has a section on removing the motor, which looks like a pain.....