Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Continental Contisport Contacts prone to punctures?

Popshot

I have the factory fitted Continental Contisport Contacts in 205x40x17 on my Mk7.5 ST line. They are great for grip wet or dry but in 16 months I've had 4 punctures. My habits and routes are the same as many years previously. Are these tyres prone to puncturing or is it just coincidence that I've had more punctures in 16 months than the last 16 years?

Not heard of them being more prone to punctures than any other brand - I've had them on a couple of cars from new in the past with no issues. 

Evening

I have the same tyres on my fiesta and i have had 2 punctures in 6 weeks. Luckily there have been repairable so not cost me a lot but they have both been on the same tyre.

Might be a problem but see if anyone else replies.

Had them on my 2016 ST-Line 140, didn't have any problems in 31,000 miles, still had another 10,000 miles  or so left on the fronts when I got rid of it.

I also know someone with a Skoda VRS on the same tyres, he's on his second set after they wore out at about 23,000 but he didn't have any punctures, and has done about 10,000 on the new set. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club