Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Wheel Bent In

Faheem

Hi, recently picked up my first Ford. Just looking to do it up as a project over a month of weekends.

Currently my fleet of cars includes a BMW Z3, a 330d a VW Polo and now this Fiesta.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bought it as an insurance write off (CAT N) and it wants a new front bumper, front  offside wing and wing mirror. All the damage looks to be superficial bar the suspension damage. 

I'm at a loss at the moment and usually consider myself to have a good amount of knowledge when it comes to car mechanics. 

It looks like it has either hit a kerb or brushed up against a bollard which has bent the front O/S wheel in. So when the steering wheel is straight the offside wheel points inwards.

I've removed and examined the front wishbone, steering knuckle and shock and they look okay. Haven't removed the tie rod but this looks straight and it would have been pushed out and not in when the accident happened.

Had a quick measure up of the subframe and compared it to a straight car and the measurements are fine. Obviously something isn't quite right here but can't work out what it is.

Wondering if any eagle eyed Ford enthusiasts can spot anything that I've missed.

My next plan is to replace the entire front end, subframe, steering rack, steering knuckle, front shocks. The parts for all of this will likely cost around £100 but wanted to try and avoid doing that if at all possible and only buy what I need.

For anyone else that experiences a similar issue - it was either the front steering knuckle or shock which were very slightly bent, couldn't tell by eye. Replacing the entire leg seems to have fixed my issue.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club