Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 zetec s 1.6 gear box ratio or other gearboxes that may fit

Patrick2002

Hey I’m 17 and just got a mk6 zetec s 1.6 however have noticed how close all of the gear ratios are and when I’m doing 70 mph the revs are around 3,500 - 4000. That ain’t great. I would like to know what other gear boxes would fit to my car or how I would change the gear ratios are there any kits out there to do it so that my car is more fuel efficient and can use the power more effectively as I know if I had a sixth gear the car would be faster. Thanks for the help 

my 2007 fiesta 1.6tdci was 3000rpm = 80mph in 5th gear.  my current 2015 fiesta 1.5tdci Econetic is 3000rpm = 100mph in 5th gear.

I do not know if yours is petrol or diesel. And I do not know if the diesel gearbox fits the petrol engine. The diesel engine is Peugeot so it might have different bellhousing shape/size/boltholes from a petrol one.

(On my Lupo 1litre it is 3000rpm=55mph)

I've often wondered if there's a 6speed that'll fit the 1.6 petrol mk6

1.6 petrol Zetec S is low geared, 19.2mph/1000rpm, Fusion 1.6 petrol does have higher ratio.22.3mph/1000rpm., some of which is a result of a larger rolling radius, but also 5th gear and final drive.

Tyre Size Circum
inch
Rev/
mile
5th FD
195/60/15
Fusion 15
76.02 833.46 0.76 4.25
195/45/16
Fiesta 16
71.93 880.86 0.876 4.06

Fusion gearbox would fit, but ecu might need remapping for speedo to be correct.

If you want really low revs - a very old Rover SD1 3.5V8 was about 31.5 mph/1000rpm ! But you won't get very far on a gallon of petrol, or find many of those on Auto trader, I don't know about modern cars!

Thanks for all the advice I’ve found a really expensive piece of kit that would allow you to decide what gear ratios are in your car as well it’s https://shop.quaife.co.uk/ford-ib5-5-speed-sequential-gearkit but Yh I will have a look at the rover and fusion gear boxes thanks for the advice and Yh I have a petrol one so doubt the bellhousing would fit 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club