Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 B6 Gearbox

Macjst35

Hi ,

Could anyone inform me of the model code of this gear box as I need to swap it out for a replacement,

or will any 6 speed manual gearbox fit from a 63 plate on  ecoboost  engine ie 1.0 1.5 1.6 .

my ETIS details 

build date 22:01:2014 

engine 1.6L Ecoboost SCTI (150ps)

Petrol 

transmission 6 speed manual trans -B6 

thanks for any info 

I’ve found the answer after a little more searching 

The B6 gearbox is used on the Focus 1.0 ECOboost, 1.5 ECOboost, 1.6 ECOboost, 1.5 TDCI and 1.6 TDCI. However (some of) the gear ratios and final drive ratio are different between most engine types. 

It is very important to install a gearbox which has the correct gear ratios and final drive ratio. Installing a B6 gearbox which has incorrect gear ratios and / or final drive ratio will result in several problems. The Cruise Control will no longer work because the speed / RPM ratio will no longer match the programmed values and more important the PCM will detect this as clutch slip. As a result of this the engine will go into limp mode which basically makes the car undriveable. 

You should look at the identification tag (sticker) on the gearbox for the identification / part number. A replacement gearbox should be selected based on this information and / or information shown in Etis / Ecat. 

• Like 3

As JW says, replacement box must match the original, check the tag on the box matches

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club