Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Mk7 fiesta front side lamps

dockerty123

Hi, Any help would be grateful, I have changed the dipped beam bulbs to Xenon and I am now trying to change the front side light bulbs to led but for the life of me I cannot see where they are, I have taken the whole headlight unit out of the car and have removed the main beam bulb and I am still at a loss as to where the ***** thing is, as I say any help would be grateful and Thank You in advance

Are you sure you have front side lights? My 2014 Fiesta only has DRL's which dim when lights are on.

• Like 1

Hi David, I replied to you on friday but cannot see it on this forum, What I said  was yes it does and when it is switched on it looks like it is integrated into the DRL's and it they are W5W lamps. Cheers

Hi My 14 plate bulb set up is completely different to the one in the YouTube. 

Hi Gazcaz and Cragrat thanks for your posts, my headlight unit has 2 rubber pull off covers 1 for the dipped beam and 1 for the main beam, completely different to the one in the video, is yours the same Cragrat ?

Hi Gazcaz, Thanks, but no not that one the one in that video has a plastic twist cover for the main beam, how many diferent b****y headlight units did ford make for the fiesta,lol. Cheers

17 minutes ago, dockerty123 said:

Hi Gazcaz, Thanks, but no not that one the one in that video has a plastic twist cover for the main beam, how many diferent b****y headlight units did ford make for the fiesta,lol. Cheers

Hi better put a picture up of yours because im getting confused to lol.

27 minutes ago, dockerty123 said:

Hi Mate, You and me both this is the correct unit. just found it on the net but still no idea where the side lamps are, Cheers  https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/how-to-videos/vehicle-maintenance/change-front-headlights

No mention or that i can see a side light bulb ? take a picture of yours later so i can see the side light bulb ? if not then you mus have H15 drl bulbs which would make sense why we cant find the small capless bulb lol.But thinking about it mines a mk7 2015 and it has the capless side light which was in the same cap as the h15.

Look at this video 5.15 minutes in he is changing the h15 (which he did wrong as you do not have to unscrew holder) any way if you look the capless bulb is in there buried at the bottom of hole.hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drBOuY-X63U

where the fingers are in the pic (not thumb) is a row of LEDs. These act as DRLs during day. When you switch the sidelights on, the DRLs become dimmer and act as sidelights.   The LEDs are built into the headlamp unit in such a way that you can not change them. If they go wrong you chuck the whole headlamp unit and replace it.     (I have these in my car - if mine went wrong I would have a good go at getting it apart and trying to repair before I replaced the whole headlamp.)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, isetta said:

where the fingers are in the pic (not thumb) is a row of LEDs. These act as DRLs during day. When you switch the sidelights on, the DRLs become dimmer and act as sidelights.   The LEDs are built into the headlamp unit in such a way that you can not change them. If they go wrong you chuck the whole headlamp unit and replace it.     (I have these in my car - if mine went wrong I would have a good go at getting it apart and trying to repair before I replaced the whole headlamp.)

Well spotted well that might explain everything then !

Hi Guys Thanks again if isetta's answer is correct why this then? sorry trying to attach pics form my pc but it will nt accept them for some reason or I am doing it wrong

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dockerty123 said:

Hi Guys Thanks again if isetta's answer is correct why this then? sorry trying to attach pics form my pc but it will nt accept them for some reason or I am doing it wrong

Save picture as a jpg and not to large then click safety clip bottom left choose file and attach.

Not a very good design in my opinion.   Having to replace a whole unit if one little part goes wrong?

• Thanks 1

Hi Gazcaz,  here goes with the pictures, if you can't work it out pictures are on 2 pages 1 overleaf from the other. Cheers

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

What your saying is that lower bulb (as in pictures) is not there ? any chance of a pic of your headlight clerly seeing inside the compartments ? becuse if you do have a side bulb we should see it pref in the mid section of light or better still a picture inside each of the openings of the light.if i lived nearer i would pop round be easier.

the headlamps with LED sidelights were phased in starting on the higher spec models and over time appeared on the lower spec models. Mine is Style spec in Nov 2015 and had LED sidelights, but the build date is probably more relevant than registration date. depending on when the handbook was printed it might not coincide with what the car has.  A photo of your actual headlamp unit should solve the mystery

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, isetta said:

the headlamps with LED sidelights were phased in starting on the higher spec models and over time appeared on the lower spec models. Mine is Style spec in Nov 2015 and had LED sidelights, but the build date is probably more relevant than registration date. depending on when the handbook was printed it might not coincide with what the car has.  A photo of your actual headlamp unit should solve the mystery

Good point mine is a 2015 and has the so called capless side light bulb(bright white led now) so reg 2015 but build date 2012 according to ford etis and i have the bright blue interior not the amber colour which im pleased about.But yes lets have a picture 🙂

If your headlight has a long strip at the bottom that lights up then that is your DRL and sidelights, it only has main, dipped and indicator lamps in it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everybody for all your responses, but after reading all the posts I now believe that there isn't actually any side light lamps and the owners manual is out of date. Thanks Again. Cheers, Ian

• Thanks 1

Exactly the same with my handbook. I tried to get the correct one from Ford but they kept saying it was correct. There are other anomalies in my handbook. 

In my mk6.5 fiesta handbook it had the power steering reservoir and windscreen washer reservoir labelled the opposite way round for my 1.6tdci.  This was on the underbonnet view specific for 1.6tdci . When I first had it I was trying to fill washer fluid in the dark. What prevented me putting water in the steering fluid was me being unable to get the cap undone.  Just proves these handbooks can not be relied on as being right.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club