Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 - Front windows getting stuck

Dark Andy

I've been having quite a lot of trouble with the front windows not closing. They get about one third up and then get stuck, and go down again. Usually after about 9 or 10 attempts it finally closes but it's becoming a bit of a nuisance now. The front, angled part of the window appears to get caught as it exits the door and goes into the upper frame. Has anybody else had this and is it an easy fix or do I need to book it in?

1 hour ago, Dark Andy said:

I've been having quite a lot of trouble with the front windows not closing. They get about one third up and then get stuck, and go down again. Usually after about 9 or 10 attempts it finally closes but it's becoming a bit of a nuisance now. The front, angled part of the window appears to get caught as it exits the door and goes into the upper frame. Has anybody else had this and is it an easy fix or do I need to book it in?

If you have reset the Window Bounce-Back and it still is not working correctly then it would be best to get it fixed under warranty. If it is a misalignment problem then the Door Card will probably need to be removed to access the mechanism. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Hello, I was just wondering if you had this problem fixed? And weather you know what the problem was? I’m currently having the same problem with mine, it’s been into Ford twice now and they are saying they have done a software update and nothing is wrong with the windows, but it is still happening!

This was an issue on the MK4 Focus when they first came out, get it booked in under warranty and they should update the Drivers and Passengers door modules and carry out a window relearn procedure. It's fixed every single Focus I've had with this issue 👍

Thank you, I think this has been done but it’s still doing it, from what I can see from outside the car as the window is going up, the rubber is folding in on itself

It needs to go back to Ford, but in the short term if you spray some Silicone spray on the channels it might help until you get a proper fix done. 

Yeah it’s going back tomorrow morning, I’m sure they don’t believe me, of course when I’m there showing them the problem it doesn’t do it! This will be the 3rd time it has been in now, I have to keep telling myself I’m not crazy! I will keep all updated and see what they say tomorrow morning.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club