Sign in to follow this  
Eng_Ahmad1986

mk8 mirror control and rear windows lock indicator lights don't illuminate at night !!

hello to all ,

I have a 2019 fiesta mk8 1.0 ecoboost 100ps auto, I have this weird issue since day one, you know when you press one of the two buttons that switches control for outside mirrors to on or off right or left , and also the button to switch the rear windows control on or off, all of these buttons have an indicator light that tells you that the button is pressed and the feature is activated, these lights turn on and off normally during the day, but at night these lights don't illuminate, however the button functions still operate normally but with no indicator lights at night, to be more specific if the headlamps are set to the AUTO position at night !! 

at night, when these lights don't illuminate, there is a trick that I can do to make them turn on, which is when I turn the headlamps control to any other position and then back to the auto position, at that point the lights illuminate and continue to do so as usual !! 

knowing that all mk8 fiesta owners that I have known here in Egypt have the same issue, with the dealer denying any TSB from FORD regarding this !! I was just wondering if any body here experience the same issue ? is it a common issue ? any body got a clue ? thank you very much

I can't say that I've noticed this issue with mine to be honest.  I always leave the lights on Auto and often use the mirror position switch at the end of the day in the dark when I get home.

I'll double check today if I remember and let you know.  Mine is a UK car for reference.

Just an update. My indicator lights work with the headlights set to Auto and with it dark outside. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh thank you very much for considering @Daggerit , that's strange, I know almost 20 fiesta mk8 owner in Egypt and they all have the same issue !!

Must be something to do with different software or something like that then I’d assume!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk