Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power tailgate

Ali748

God news on the tailgate front,emerald struts do a kit for the mk8,just got to get around to ordering it then happy days

My other car is a BMW X1 and it has an auto tailgate.   It really is a blessing when you are carrying a baby.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bobr said:

My other car is a BMW X1 and it has an auto tailgate.   It really is a blessing when you are carrying a baby.

Its a great idea,ford wont do it on hatchbacks for some reason, the have it on the focus estate and the puma but not the fiesta or the focus hatch,however emerald struts do a conversation kit for the fiesta mk8 that works with the key fob,basically a small uk company has done what ford wont do

• 4 weeks later...

Fitted a pair of boot struts on my fiesta mk8 today from emerald struts,omg ***** awesome,why ford couldnt  do this as standard,its so practical

57 minutes ago, Ali748 said:

Fitted a pair of boot struts on my fiesta mk8 today from emerald struts,omg ***** awesome,why ford couldnt  do this as standard,its so practical

Will be great to hear how life with these struts goes over the coming months. Hopefully plain sailing and they do the job.

I'd be interested in a review, too...I've seen lots of bad reports about these- stress on hinges, cracked screens, twisting tailgates, etc.

• Like 1

Its a brilliant idea,ford could have fitted it as standard,but chose not to,its like they fitted it to the cmax and not the focus estates,however emerald struts do an electric kit for the focus mk3 hatch,for some reason manufacturers wont fit any sort of easy tailgate release system to their hatchbacks,

I had a look at the Emerald Struts site and they list all the Fietas that they do struts for.   The 2017 Titanium X is not on the list and I wondered if it was something to do with the rear view camera fitted just under the tailgate.   I emailed them on Friday last and they haven't bothered to reply.

31 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I had a look at the Emerald Struts site and they list all the Fietas that they do struts for.   The 2017 Titanium X is not on the list and I wondered if it was something to do with the rear view camera fitted just under the tailgate.   I emailed them on Friday last and they haven't bothered to reply.

Avoid like Covid....... We had nowt but hassle and trouble getting a refund from them as they clearly did not fit a mk4 Focus despite the claim that they did.

• Like 1

Wish they did feature an auto close as well,mines a 2018 titanium and it works like a dream and i can also open from inside the car to,ford should have put this into the fiesta,i was hoping the new 2022 fiesta would have a power tailgate,as it has inherited the pumas digital dash board and the 125 and 155 hybrid engines,but no,its like they want everyone to buy suv these days to get stuff like that on,the same as when there was the people carrier boom a few years ago,

On 11/30/2021 at 3:38 PM, Wino said:

Avoid like Covid....... We had nowt but hassle and trouble getting a refund from them as they clearly did not fit a mk4 Focus despite the claim that they did.

Yes avoid,the brackets can't take it and in time they just give way either snap/crack or keep popping off.

On 11/30/2021 at 3:31 PM, Bobr said:

They’ll fit it’s no different to any other mk7/7.5 fiesta. 

On 11/30/2021 at 4:02 PM, Scottyghia said:

Does the Emerald auto close kit include a trap feature? 

Do they have an auto close feature? It’s just a spring on the strut to open the boot isn’t it?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ali748 said:

Wish they did feature an auto close as well,mines a 2018 titanium and it works like a dream and i can also open from inside the car to,ford should have put this into the fiesta,i was hoping the new 2022 fiesta would have a power tailgate,as it has inherited the pumas digital dash board and the 125 and 155 hybrid engines,but no,its like they want everyone to buy suv these days to get stuff like that on,the same as when there was the people carrier boom a few years ago,

Do you need help opening the drivers door? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MarksST said:

Do they have an auto close feature? It’s just a spring on the strut to open the boot isn’t it?

It is spring loaded,only had it on for a week and it's paid for its self in the sheer convenience especially when shopping 

43 minutes ago, Ali748 said:

It is spring loaded,only had it on for a week and it's paid for its self in the sheer convenience especially when shopping 

You still have to use either the button on the tailgate or the key fob to unlock the boot, so you it’s not like the ford system where you can wave your foot under the bumper when you hands are full,  Still need to pull the boot lid shut, how much time and energy is it saving to be worth it?

1 hour ago, MarksST said:

You still have to use either the button on the tailgate or the key fob to unlock the boot, so you it’s not like the ford system where you can wave your foot under the bumper when you hands are full,  Still need to pull the boot lid shut, how much time and energy is it saving to be worth it?

Yes it is worth it for the convenience, the foot operated one is  ***** awesome,i had.one on one of my cmaxs was great when had hands full of bit of a mobility scooter in the rain

• 2 weeks later...

Had the struts on for over a month now and they work like a dream,great coming out of the supermarket with the shopping when its raining and having the boot open when you get to the car,the sheer convenience of it,like I say ford could have done it ages ago

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They're £79 a pair, im thinking about trying some as i have tried so many struts on mine as they just don't lift the hatch.

This would be a great help for me, it's just the £79.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club