Sign in to follow this  
Jm32

Focus.....help!

Hi all,

ive a 2012 1.6d focus.
Car was driving 100%,parked it up for a few hours,when I returned to the car it started first touch as usual.I had the car ticking over while I was waiting for herself to get in.Then I noticed I had no dash lights.The interior lights and the headlights were working fine,but no dash lights.I turned the car off,and went to restart it.When I tried to restart it,I had no dash lights and nothing happened when turned the key.When checking the fuses under the glove box,I noticed a green to blue block connector that has a hinge was opened.All I can think of is my passengers foot must of caught it and caused it to open.After clipping down the hinge,I had dash lights again,but ‘engine malfunction service now was displayed on the screen.also it had parking assist malfunction on it.The car has failed to even turn over since.I took it to a garage and none of there computers will connect to the car.All fuses are ok.HELP

Sounds like they don't have the correct fault reading equipment, you'd be best to take it to a Ford garage which does, then you might be getting somewhere.