Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rust!

Ian Lanc

On 4/11/2020 at 5:55 PM, isetta said:

If the rust is only on one side of the metal then the metal has not perforated so I don’t see it as being covered by the warranty what ever the service history is. Some cars get rust patches underneath. My previous 2007 fiesta did , my wifes 2010 Mazda 2 has, I cleaned it up and painted it 2 years ago. My 2004 vw lupo is fine underneath. It’s disappointing but it happens.

Its quite a bad large patch has went through yet, but if left another year it most likely will. I'd rather have it fixed before it turns into a hole and rusts through. There's other bits of surface rust under the car aswell bit this patch is alot wors with large chunks of the metal lifting away from the surface

10 hours ago, Glenn hastie said:

There's other bits of surface rust under the car aswell bit this patch is alot worse with large chunks of the metal lifting away from the surface

Sounds right bad! Got any pictures ?

I'd be attacking the metalwork getting it back bright silver, then applying a rust preventative, then primer filler, then the base colour, then re-lacquer.

8 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Sounds right bad! Got any pictures ?

I'd be attacking the metalwork getting it back bright silver, then applying a rust preventative, then primer filler, then the base colour, then re-lacquer.

I plan to but may aswell get Ford to do it if I can lol 

3 hours ago, Glenn hastie said:

I plan to but may aswell get Ford to do it if I can lol 

Isn't the warranty for 7 years ? Not sure myself.

let us know what ford say but I think the chance of them doing it is 0.00001% or less. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 8:06 PM, Ian Lanc said:

Isn't the warranty for 7 years ? Not sure myself.

I don't know, no answer from my local dealer so looks like I'll just have to do it myself. Dont mind doing it myself, but would have preferred to have Ford do it lol pretty gutted it's started to rust like that already especially when it's only a 2012 car. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Glenn hastie said:

Dont mind doing it myself, 

Top Tip from a friend! Use a largish mirror place it under the car and look around at the underside of the car much easier than trying to get under.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club