Sign in to follow this  
Dundee Nloke

Dashboard Cluster

The lights on my dashboard cluster all work, except from the shift indicator light. I assume this would be the actual bulb that had blown but I preformed the test in the hidden menu and all the lights, including the shift indicator light up. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be that is causing it not to work, thanks.

I have added a picture of the fuse that i think is responsable for the gear shift indicator, do you all think it looks all right 

I have a FORD FIESTA 2009

58787761_Screenshot2020-06-02at16_22_33.thumb.png.ecaad0daea4b223689ca7f76b4f20eab.png

fuse looks like probably ok but you could try swapping it for one of same colour from another slot that controls something that you know works fine.

are we talking about a light that tells you when to change up a gear? I would rather mine stopped working, it's annoying. 

Hi isetta, yeah its the light that tells you when to change gears, its never worked since i got the car, but when you run a dashboard test it lights up, strange? Im thinking of buying some new fuses to see if that sorts the problem ....thanks for replying 

But why do you want it to work, just drive the car properly, there’s no point spending any time on it

Im just trying to get a couple of little things working, i have drove without it for alost 2 yeras lol. 

I also have a wing mirror that gives a squeaking noise when it is folding, dont suppose you know what that can be ?

It's not a change-up recommendation on the Mk7 Fiesta, it's a 'high rpm warning' light.  It will only come on at very high rpm, rather than suggesting a change for lower emissions.  Rev it up to the redline and it should come on.  

I take no responsibility if your valves shoot through the bonnet though. :tongue: