Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Does Your 1,25Cc (82Ps) Engine Sound Like?

greekfiesta

Hi all,

since its my first post here.

I have recently bought a 1,25 mk7 fiesta and the engine sound makes me worry.This is why:

When i accelerate (no matter in what gear-its not the gearbox) i can hear from the engine between 1500 and 2500 revs an ''electric'' noise (like buzzing-think it like zzzzz).

Especially when i am cruising and i stop pressing the acc. petal its more obvious because the car starts loosing speed and the revs are decreasing slowly-so the engine revs stay more in that area.

I own a 1,4 focus and the sound is nothing like that.

Apart from that the car works fine.

When the engine revs above 3000 rpm it all sounds normal-like any modern car.

Has anyone noticed something similar?

Is this normal?

Thank you in advance for any answer...

iv had a sort of the same problem i took mine to ford and they showed me another ford fiesta and it sounded the same here the link to the topic i have a video of mine on the topic if your really worried and its not the same take it back to ford to have a look at as it should be still under warrenty hope this helps

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11514

Hi

My 1.4 sounds exactly the same.

When i park in my local multistory i hear it because my window is down after collecting the ticket from the entrance (ncp)

Its normal i think

It sounds almost like a supercharger lol

Jamie

I expect the noise to be the usual from the elastic-type of auxilliaries drive belt, which has to get shoe-horned onto the various wheels, when renewal is required. With my '58 reg 1.25 Zetec Climate Mk 6.5, the first winter in cold weather was very whiney:-- this last winter less so. The belt stretches without any tensioner system in use, but there is an idler wheel and bearing which can be renewed.

Thank you all for the answers. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

@ benjiii

i am not talking about the tappets.The tappets sound like my focus so i guess there is nothing wrong.

@ Donframac

I think you got the idea.I can say that the sound IS elastic and is somewhat like the sound that washing mashines make when they are drying the cloths(the backet spins at very high speeds.) :lol: :lol:

But i dont understand what you are suggesting.Should i replace a bearing or something??Or it is normal.

The car is new.(500 km or 300miles i think).

i know what that is haha... you got the jack for the ipod???? the speaker wire goes soo close too the engine it responds to the notes almost...if you hear it next time turn your Speakers up see if it becomes more noticable!

i no exactly wat you mean , my 2006 1.4 petrol fiesta does it and also my cousins 2006 1.6 tivct focus does it , we just tell every1 our cars are supercharged as thats wat it sounds like , i think its just a characteristic of the model , like normally with all fords they refuse to go into reverse :)

Ahh i love the turbo/supercharger ( depends what i fancy calling it on the day ) on my fiesta, always known it as something to do with the zetec prt of the engine

The whiney noise faded when a few thousand miles were clocked-up. At 2,000 miles, I could only get the noise by spinning the revs to 4,000 RPM, on country runs in the gears ;-- does a nice job of freeing-off the engine. So, the belt stretches on its own, just give it time. The car now has 5,500 miles clocked-up, and I only have a slightly notchy gear-change to be careful of.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club