Derek Mantle

car battery information

I need to change the battery on my Ford Focus Titanium X 1LTR 2015  Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the battery used in this model and also do I use an AMG or a EFB type battery these are both recommended for car that feature stop/start. And finally can you recommend the best make of battery for long life..  Thank you.

Yuasa, Bosch, or as some people recommended here Varta. I've been advised if you can afford the price difference then get AGM especially if you have a lot of electronics/high draw devices, they have a higher duty cycle and power draw over EFB (note if you have AGM you can't replace it with EFB). Not sure if you have to reprogram the car as I've not had to swap my battery yet but the above is what I've been advised as I'll probably have to replace mine later this year. EFB are the entry level batteries, idea for small to medium sized cars with stop/start, whereas you'll usually find AGM in higher end specced cars.

There's a battery finder on the Yuasa page here:

https://www.yuasa.co.uk/