Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Intervals

fiestalux

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2014 Ecoboost Fiesta and normally I get it serviced every twelve months. It's milage or rather KMs(here) is very low 55k approx. This year due to a "unspeakable" event we are experiencing, I have hardly used it in the last four months. Except for a long drive recently, it probably did until that point about 500km in three months. The question is should I stick with an annual service or wait till I reach the next service KM level which is about 60k? If things get back to almost normal I would expect to do that by the end of the year, or if the current situation remains next spring.  It was last serviced in July 2019.

Any views? 

If you're doing lots of short runs under the current circumstances, it would still be worth having the service done imo.  If you just haven't been using the car at all then I'd leave it a few more months personally.

Thanks, it's done about 5 short trips, one medium and this week one long trip - that's in 4 months! By short, I mean the few times I am allowed into the office, which is about 40km return. The long trip was about 700km.

Sadly, a thief broke into it when on a trip to France, and smashed glass everywhere so the insurance is sorting that out now. Once that's over I may stick it back in for a service.  He was kind of unlucky though, got caught so I got everything back. That said I regard myself as quite lucky in the end.

13 hours ago, fiestalux said:

Thanks, it's done about 5 short trips, one medium and this week one long trip - that's in 4 months! By short, I mean the few times I am allowed into the office, which is about 40km return. The long trip was about 700km.

Sadly, a thief broke into it when on a trip to France, and smashed glass everywhere so the insurance is sorting that out now. Once that's over I may stick it back in for a service.  He was kind of unlucky though, got caught so I got everything back. That said I regard myself as quite lucky in the end.

40km isn't a short trip...  Over here people literally jump in their cars and drive half a mile to the supermarket and back! :laugh: 

Then they wonder why batteries don't last long. :rolleyes: 

True, I actively try to avoid such short trips. I regularly commit the sin of walking 10 minutes to my nearest supermarket.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club