Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 collision warning question

mitch84

Hi 

When Im driving I occasionally get the red flashing collision warning flag up in the cluster panel, it can be a bit sensitive sometimes. Sometimes though I get this noise from the front, like a grinding noise as well, anyone had this happen and know's what it is?

Is it the breaks applying, when I say grinding sound, its perhaps more of a vibration/springy kind of sound its hard to explain really.

Thanks

I believe that the sensitivity can be adjusted through the various car setting menus, so you should be able to turn it down.

For the grinding, I could be wrong, but think that it's something to do with the ABS system essentially priming itself and/or applying the brakes.  All cars I've had which used the front collision systems have done similar in terms of sounds, but it was usually only when it decided to actually apply the brakes.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Daggerit said:

I believe that the sensitivity can be adjusted through the various car setting menus, so you should be able to turn it down.

For the grinding, I could be wrong, but think that it's something to do with the ABS system essentially priming itself and/or applying the brakes.  All cars I've had which used the front collision systems have done similar in terms of sounds, but it was usually only when it decided to actually apply the brakes.

Thanks, I might turn it down then if I can, the two times I have heard the noise was when I was quite close to another car, so it looks like it is indeed the ABS, although at both times I was aware of the other cars and was applying breaks already so perhaps as you say it was just ABS priming itself in case I was not aware at all.

Cheers

The one my Focus goes off when a gnat spreads its wings 200 feet away so yes, turn down the sensitivity to the lowest.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

now i just need to fix the cylinder to turn with my key but that i Can do without Any Kodi nox stress 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club