Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK 7.5 Fiesta - Is it worth upgrading to the Sony Sat Nav Head Unit?

hamish_barb

Hi all

I've got a 1.25 Zetec Fiesta with the standard Bluetooth/USB head unit. I've found a Sony Sat Nav Unit for around £60 which isn't too steep. I'd rather stick with the Sony than an after-market solution, as most of the car's functionality in terms of menus are programmed into the head unit (from my understanding), whilst I also want the steering wheel controls to work seamlessly.

Therefore my question is, is it worth getting the Sony Sat Nav unit? Will music sound a bit better once I upgrade the Speakers too? I'm happy to pay £60 for the Sat Nav alone, and also quite frankly, the unit looks better too.

Thanks all!

In my experience I couldn't tell much difference between the two speaker/radio combinations. I got more of a difference by using FLAC's instead of 320kbps MP3's.

Having said that if you've found a satnav unit for £60 then it's a no brainer (maybe a little too cheap). Does it definitely include the unit, screen and screen surround? They usually go for over £200 on eBay etc thats why. You can get £50-60 for your current radio so won't even cost you much.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club