Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why isn’t my Stage 2 working???

frank_the_fiesta

Hello people. I am new to this page and was looking for someone to shine the light on the dark hole...

I have a Ford Fiesta mk7 1.6tdci 90ps 16valve. 

I took it for a stage 2 about 3 weeks ago. They removed my dpf+cat. They put a stage 2 on it, egr delete and a hard cut limiter. For some reason. The boost is there and can feel a power difference. But after about 40 seconds of driving. It goes into limp mode. (No lights on the dash at all) and limits to 3000rpm with zero boost. And the hard cut was only working when accelerating in first gear for a split second. With some white smoke. My remap man inspected the turbo and the turbine is fine (engine is only on 41k)

Once I turn the engine off for 2 minutes and start it up again, it decides to come out of limp mode 

(in some cases the car cuts out all together!) and will not start until the ignition is cycled off and on.

My mechanic told me to replace the intercooler (done), change the Maf sensor (done). But still nothing. 

Has anyone got any advice on what to do please??? Thank you in advance.

8 hours ago, frank_the_fiesta said:

I took it for a stage 2 about 3 weeks ago. They removed my dpf+cat. They put a stage 2 on it, egr delete and a hard cut limiter.

Who's they? 

You didn't mention if you scanned for fault codes. You may have to take the scanner with you (preferably Forscan) and scan as soon as it goes into limp mode before you turn the engine off.

Hi. Yes I tried and nothing seems to come up... I will try again later this evening 

6 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Who's they? 

You didn't mention if you scanned for fault codes. You may have to take the scanner with you (preferably Forscan) and scan as soon as it goes into limp mode before you turn the engine off.

They was my remap man who done my car. I will try doing the scan later on this evening. Will it still show a code even though there is no engine light when in limp mode?

1 hour ago, Ad@m said:

Tell your remap man to fix the mess he created.

To be fair it can’t be him. It must be the car. As why would it randomly go into a limp mode? I’ll try take a video of what is happening. 

UPDATE: The car recently decided to cut out completely. It was revving up to around 3500k under acceleration then wasn’t wanting to rev any higher, then suddenly cutting out all together. With the engine malfunction message. 

The car won’t start until ignition is turned off and on again. Then continues to go into limp mode. (No light on the dash)

The "remap man" was the last man to touch it, so as Adam said, get the remap man back, as long as its a legit company, I'm sure the remap came with a warranty or something.

The fact you refer to him as 'the remap man' makes me think it's some backstreet place rather than a reputable company?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

The fact you refer to him as 'the remap man' makes me think it's some backstreet place rather than a reputable company?

The company was called Krafte Tuning remaps. He was a registered business with his own shop. I just didn’t want to name and shame when it could be something wrong with my car instead of his tuning?

2 hours ago, frank_the_fiesta said:

The company was called Krafte Tuning remaps. He was a registered business with his own shop. I just didn’t want to name and shame when it could be something wrong with my car instead of his tuning?

Did the car have an issue like this before the the remap?

11 hours ago, MarksST said:

Did the car have an issue like this before the the remap?

It went into limp mode once before hand. But never came back until the map. 

Faults should still be stored for Forscan after switch off.  If you only get the Engine Malfunction message without the EML then it's unlikely to have any OBD2 codes that a generic reader would pick up.

Why were you told to change the intercooler and the MAF?  Was there a MAF code?  And a split in the intercooler?  Did you fit a genuine MAF or some cheap aftermarket rubbish?  MAFs are one of the few parts that really need to be genuine.

When was the fuel filter last changed?  Has the boost solenoid been checked?

Really, we need either a boost code or a fuel code to narrow this down further.  I'd suggest there was a fault before the remap which has been exacerbated by the extra strain now being put on the system.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Faults should still be stored for Forscan after switch off.  If you only get the Engine Malfunction message without the EML then it's unlikely to have any OBD2 codes that a generic reader would pick up.

Why were you told to change the intercooler and the MAF?  Was there a MAF code?  And a split in the intercooler?  Did you fit a genuine MAF or some cheap aftermarket rubbish?  MAFs are one of the few parts that really need to be genuine.

When was the fuel filter last changed?  Has the boost solenoid been checked?

Really, we need either a boost code or a fuel code to narrow this down further.  I'd suggest there was a fault before the remap which has been exacerbated by the extra strain now being put on the system.

So do you think there may be a problem with fueling? I was told that I should see some black smoke when accelerating. I haven’t seen any? 

mans atelier acceleration there is a small amount of white smoke. I can try get a video for you if needed?

ive booked it in for a service soon which a new fuel filter. And it was a genuine Ford Maf 

20 minutes ago, frank_the_fiesta said:

So do you think there may be a problem with fueling? I was told that I should see some black smoke when accelerating. I haven’t seen any? 

mans atelier acceleration there is a small amount of white smoke. I can try get a video for you if needed?

ive booked it in for a service soon which a new fuel filter. And it was a genuine Ford Maf 

Well it can only be fuelling or boost.  Fault codes would help us determine which of those it is.  Fuel filter would be the first thing I'd change if you haven't got any codes.  Glad to see it is a genuine MAF.

If it's a decent map you shouldn't see any black smoke.  Just a light grey haze at the very top of the rev range.  

33 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Well it can only be fuelling or boost.  Fault codes would help us determine which of those it is.  Fuel filter would be the first thing I'd change if you haven't got any codes.  Glad to see it is a genuine MAF.

If it's a decent map you shouldn't see any black smoke.  Just a light grey haze at the very top of the rev range.  

I will try get it scanned ASAP and let you know the codes. Thank for the help. I do appreciate it 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club