howie110

Heater temperature control cable

Hi all Can anyone give me some advice on heater control cable. Its a focus 1.6 saloon 2006. Have no temperature control at moment, stuck on cold. Have taken out the cd player and can see the cable/wire is attached on the middle temp control knob and moves  but cannot see where the other end of the cable goes. 

Have removed glove box and side console panel in passenger footwell but still cannot see where the other end is. Have read that its a dashboard out job. Is this true?. would appreciate any advice.

Attached is the cable i think that my problem refers to . Thanks

e728d164-8d94-4474-a805-c309cf55b37c.jpg

Iirc it goes to the flap control arm on the distribution box up under the drivers side.

Have a download of the Haynes manual-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw6x4xtmwdtgrdz/Ford%20Focus%202005%20to%202009%20Haynes%20PDF%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

I believe the info you need is in chapter 3.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

hi,

Sorry i know this is unrelated to this topic but im struggling to find answers 

Looking for help with my 2010 1.8tdci focus.

After the car has been sitting a while (overnight) when i start it up it idles for a few seconds then dies. Its like the fuel drains from the lines and so whatever is left in the filter is only enough to start it and idle for a couple of seconds. Iv had the filter and seals replaced with no resolution. I put a non return valve on the line and it didnt help

The only way i can get out in the mornings is by pumping the fuel back into the line via the purger thing on the non return valve.

Any help appreciated 🙏

hi,

Sorry i know this is unrelated to this topic but im struggling to find answers 

Looking for help with my 2010 1.8tdci focus.

After the car has been sitting a while (overnight) when i start it up it idles for a few seconds then dies. Its like the fuel drains from the lines and so whatever is left in the filter is only enough to start it and idle for a couple of seconds. Iv had the filter and seals replaced with no resolution. I put a non return valve on the line and it didnt help

The only way i can get out in the mornings is by pumping the fuel back into the line via the purger thing on the non return valve.

Any help appreciated 

Totally unrelated for sure.
Please start a fresh topic rather than jumping on another one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi, Ianmcd,

Thanks for that info. Have got new cable which is only about 18 inches long so looks like it cant go far into heater box. I only removed the radio, glovebox and trim on the passengers side so could see the cable disappear under but couldnt trace where it went. Didnt look on drivers side so when get opportunity will take a look. Thanks