Eng_Ahmad1986

mk8 failed audio control module !!

hello to all 

my mk8 is equipped with the 4.2 inch color non-touch screen with bluetooth connectivity and DAB, the unit lately started making strange things , like saying DISC ERROR although my vehicle is not equipped with a CD player, it showed in its settings ( modem connectivity ) although also my vehicle is not equipped with a modem, the DSP occupancy feature stopped working completely, and all the warning chimes sounded alot louder than before ( as I've known that these chimes are produced from the audio control module ), I went to the dealer today, they did some software checks and resets, and they ended up replacing the audio control module under warranty , after which it behaved correctly again !!

I'm really frustrated, I bought the car brand new in march 2019, uptill now I've got the engine's short block had been replaced under warranty ( at a mileage of just 16k miles ) due to a failed piston ring in cylinder number 1, the steering shaft failed and had been replaced ( two times ) under warranty, front brake discs and rear brake drums also failed and replaced under warranty ( and of course I paid for the front pads and the rear shoes although their thickness was still quite decent for at least another 20k miles ) , and now the audio control module also replaced under warranty.

I'm beginning to worry about the build quality and the quality control in Ford !! a vehicle made in Germany having all these defects in just 20 months of ownership from new , while a hyundai I owned before for five years was reliable and gave me trouble free five years !!

out of frustration I've decided to share this with you , I adore this car, I don't want to hate it .

thanks for considering.

Hi Ahmad have you upgrade your sync 3 software since owning car?

Even with the problems you have had ford have honoured warranty. I Know its an inconvenience but can happen to prestige cars as well. 

15 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Hi Ahmad have you upgrade your sync 3 software since owning car?

Even with the problems you have had ford have honoured warranty. I Know its an inconvenience but can happen to prestige cars as well. 

its not SYNC, its the normal audio unit with 4.2 inch non touch screen, as shown in this picture, and yes no one can deny that ford honoured its warranty, and that is very satisfactory to me, and here in Egypt ford owners are very happy of the policiy of warranty, we never had troubles replacing anything faulty component under warranty which is not the case with other brands here, and that's great actually, however with all these failures what would have happened if they didn't honour their warranty ? why all these failures in the first place ?!!

thank you ford for honouring warranty and for the great support you offered me , but please do more work on quality control 🙂 

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Mr @Eng_Ahmad1986 indeed your problems are endless! Especially the engine short block! I remember all of your issues with this car and you really are absolutely justified to be angry with ford reliability! I am from Greece and i have a ford iesta mk8 1.0 st line 125 hp from 01/2018 and only 13000 km with two issues untill now , a battery one week after my purchase!! and one driver windows switch before 5 months and i thought i was unlucky! You know i am coming from a Hyundai car also (Hyundai coupe) and i have great expectations from reliability i guess. Hope you understand me and sorry for my English. I hope you will be more lucky from now on and you will enjoy your new car!