Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK1 Focus, Factory antenna with a DAB splitter

Larkspeed_NL

Has anyone here tried using an active DAB radio splitter like the one pictured with the factory radio antenna on a MK1 focus.

I recently installed a DAB radio that came with the stick on film antenna but since my car has a heated windscreen it's messing with the signal.

I have tried looking for a roof mount replacement antenna but I can't find one with a decent antenna angle so it doesn't look strange on the car and the ones with adjustable angle are just stupidly expensive.

I have seen people say they get great results using one of these splitters but it can be hit and miss depending on the factory antenna on the car, I don't have a lot of spare cash so I kind of want to make sure the focus antenna works well with one before I buy one.

dab.jpg

Didn’t work for me on the mk2 I had I used the windscreen one which worked perfect along side the heated screen 

39 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Don't do it!! Read this...

As I said results vary depending on the antenna fitted to the car, some are very good and some are very bad. Since that was a mk2 it may not actually be the same antenna used on the MK1.

And if the one pictured in that post is the splitter you used I'm not surprised it wasn't very good as it's one of the cheap chinese knockoffs.

But thanks for the input.

16 minutes ago, Larkspeed_NL said:

As I said results vary depending on the antenna fitted to the car, some are very good and some are very bad. Since that was a mk2 it may not actually be the same antenna used on the MK1.

And if the one pictured in that post is the splitter you used I'm not surprised it wasn't very good as it's one of the cheap chinese knockoffs.

But thanks for the input.

This is the one I originally bought at £20! Never worked so I returned it for a refund. The 'cheap knock off' I tried next, at least came with a proper fused power supply and an LED to show it was powered (!), which the expensive rip off one didn't, but it didn't work either LOL Go to Halfords, pony up £10 for a MagMount and just get your radio working!

282080521_adapterandsplitter.thumb.jpg.ae264ed8e3f92ab960dba91da51ce00e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

well in the end I just ordered a splitter off amazon.

Works perfect and I get beautiful reception now, I even get stations from Germany that I couldn't get before.

8 minutes ago, Larkspeed_NL said:

... I even get stations from Germany that I couldn't get before.

Yes, those German stations are groovy LOL 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club