Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speaker Wire Colors

Larkspeed_NL

Does anyone know the colors for the speaker wires at the doors.

I want to change out the factory Speakers for aftermarket but I also want to use the factory wiring, speaker wiring adapters are pretty pricey for what they are and I already have the right crimp on spade connectors so it's easier and cheaper for me to just change them.

It's easy enough to figure out at the dash but since wires often change colors as they make their way through the loom I want to find out the right colors at the doors.

I don't want to be crossing + and - so the colors at the door are important.

If you get the wires the wrong way round does the music play backwards, asking for a friend!!??

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

well I'm assuming you are joking but if you get the wires the wrong way round it can have a serious effect on the quality of the music.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Correct! If the polarity is reversed it reverses the phase of the speaker (relative to the others) which will degrade the sound quality.

From what I remember, the Speakers wires are always a twisted pair. I can’t remember the colours but they should stand out to you if looking under the door cill panel.

Just now, Monks600

From what I remember, the speakers wires are always a twisted pair. I can’t remember the colours but they should stand out to you if looking under the door cill panel.

Just recalled, yellow being positive on the speaker connector and the black/white striped being negative. Hope that helps :)

On 1/21/2021 at 9:48 PM, Monks600 said:

Just recalled, yellow being positive on the speaker connector and the black/white striped being negative. Hope that helps 🙂

thanks for that

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club